Medical Records Specialist
Company: Surgical Care Affiliates
Posted on: November 11, 2019
OverviewSCA, a leader in the outpatient surgery industry,
strategically partners with health plans, medical groups and health
systems across the country to develop and optimize surgical
facilities. SCA operates more than 210 surgical facilities,
including ambulatory surgery centers and surgical hospitals, in
partnership with approximately 7,500 physicians. For more
information on SCA, visit www.scasurgery.com.?Facility
Description:?Perimeter Surgery Center of Atlanta is a 11,000 sqft
multispecialty ambulatory surgical center specializing in
Orthopedics, GI, General, Plastic, ENT, Pain Management, Spine, and
Ocular PlasticsAccountabilities / ResponsibilitiesTo provide
support to the facility by processing and organizing all Medical
Records functions in a timely manner and in compliance with
regulatory agencies.? The Clerk ensures completeness of records,
audits charts, and obtains all missing documents.? The Clerk also
handles the storage and retention of charts, responds to requests
for medical records, copies and maintains tracking logs.? The
Medical Records Clerk is a backup to Admissions Intake, Greeting
patients/visitors, Answering Phones, and other clerical duties as
- Overseeing all Medical Records at the Center
- Manage the flow of charts in the Center ensuring all charts are
received in Medical Records Dept.
- Ensure all documents in chart are complete and signed
- Research and maintain pending log of all missing items in
- Communicate with surgeons, labs, etc. to obtain missing records
- Maintain tacking log of correspondence
- File completed charts daily
- Maintain an efficient and orderly filing system for complete
and incomplete records.
- Periodically purge outdated records and prepare for
- Maintain ?out cards? when charts are pulled for review.
- Log all requests for Medical Records ensuring patient
- Process subpoenas according to SCA policy and procedures
- Retrieve records from storage and send records to storage
- Maintain log of charts received and returned to storage.
- Back up all receptionist duties for lunch breaks and time
- High school diploma
- Computer experience: Excel, Word, Outlook, HST
- Two ? three years? work experience in medical office, hospital
or ambulatory surgery center.
- Possess working knowledge of medical terminology
- Knowledge of office machines (i.e. computer, scanner, fax,
copier, multi-line phone system with voicemail, etc.).
- Knowledgable of HIPPA guidelines, Red Flag Rules, and Medicare
Conditions of Coverage requirements
- Is courteous, understanding and sympathetic toward patients,
physicians and others.
- Ability to be flexible with work schedule and maintain regular
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, set priorities and work
- Ability to interact in a positive manner and to communicate
well with patients, families, co-workers, supervisor and other
facility employees.Please send resumes
Keywords: Surgical Care Affiliates, Atlanta , Medical Records Specialist, Healthcare , Atlanta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!