RN Patient Flow Coordinator
Company: Children's Healthcare of Atlanta
Posted on: May 19, 2019
Work Schedule/Days: Variable--/--Variable
Employment Type: PRN
Location: Office Park (1645)--
Requisition #: 31369
Assesses, determines, and coordinates placement of all admissions
(elective and emergent) and transfers in accordance with clinical
standards and guidelines. Ensures patients are placed in clinically
appropriate level of care via established algorithms and protocols.
Upholds standards of systemwide customer service program.
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing;
Bachelor of Science in nursing preferred
- Licensure as a Registered Nurse in the single State of Georgia
or Multi-State through the Enhanced Nurse Licensure
- Basic Life Support (BLS) within 30 days of employment
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) within 90 days of
- 5 years of experience in nursing
- 2 years of experience in critical care with advanced clinical
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Experience in progressive leadership and training as house
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES*
- Ability to manage multiple and continually changing priorities
and make rapid decisions
- Demonstrated ability in integrating pathophysiology,
psychology, and sociology into the pediatric clinical setting
- Effective verbal and written communication skill and ability to
handle conflict and reach consensus and collaboration
- Must have computer experience and proficiency in a wide variety
of software, e.g.., Microsoft Office applications and database
- Must be able to successfully pass the Basic Windows Skill
Assessment at 80% or higher rating within 30 days of employment
- Coordinates patient placement activities via Transfer Center to
optimize patient flow, patient outcomes, admission appropriateness,
and cost efficiencies in support of organizational strategic
initiatives while working with campus house supervisors,
physicians, and nursing staff.
- Maintains assigned databases.
- Collaborates in collection of data for identification and
resolution of flow issues.
- Collects, analyzes, and interprets outcome data systematically
to identify problem areas and assess need for improvement and/or
support changes in systemwide processes in relations with Transfer
- Prepares periodic reports as directed.
- Participates actively and contributes to organizational
initiatives that impact patient flow.
- Supports continuous performance and quality improvement.
- Communicates openly with appropriate leadership team to ensure
knowledge of key decision factors.
- Serves as expert clinical resource for patient placement by
ensuring smooth functioning of Transfer Center process to reduce
wait times and avoid unnecessary patient movements.
- Maintains positive working relationship and demonstrates
excellent customer services skills in all interactions between
Transfer Center and physicians, internal customers, and external
- Supervises Bed Placement Coordinator.
- Empowers, promotes, and develops team members by fostering an
environment which promotes professional development and
problem-solving, maintaining and enhancing knowledge of current
issues and integrating ideas into practice.
- Assists with Transfer Center hiring process.
- Assists with orientation and continuing education of peers.
Safety: Practices proper safety techniques in accordance with
hospital and departmental policies and procedures. Responsible for
the reporting of employee/patient/visitor injuries or accidents, or
other safety issues to the supervisor and in the occurrence
Compliance: Monitors and ensures compliance with all regulatory
requirements, organizational standards, and policies and procedures
related to area of responsibility. Identifies potential risk areas
within area of responsibility and supports problem resolution
process. Maintains records of compliance activities and reports
compliance activities to the Compliance Office.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work performed by people assigned to this
classification. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of
all job duties performed by the personnel so classified.
Ability to lift up to 40 lbs independently and greater than 40 lbs
Bending/Stooping - Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to
1/3 of time)
Climbing - Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of
Hearing/Speaking - Effective communication with employees,
supervisors/managers and staff. Effective communications with
patients and visitors, as required.
Lifting - Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of
Pushing/Pulling - Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to
1/3 of time)
Sitting - Frequently (activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3
Standing - Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of
Walking - Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of
Some potential for exposure to blood and body fluids
Children's Healthcare of Atlanta has been 100 percent committed to
kids for more than 100 years. A not-for-profit organization,
Children's is dedicated to making kids better today and healthier
With 3 hospitals, 28 neighborhood locations and a total of 638
beds, Children's is the largest healthcare provider for children in
Georgia and one of the largest pediatric clinical care providers in
the country. Children's offers access to more than 70 pediatric
specialties and programs and is ranked among the top children's
hospitals in the country by U.S. News & World Report.
Children's has been ranked on Fortune magazine's list of "100 Best
Companies to Work For" for thirteen consecutive years and named one
of the "100 Best Companies" by Working Mother magazine. We offer a
comprehensive compensation and benefit package that supports our
mission, vision and values. We are proud to offer an array of
programs and services to our employees that have distinguished us
as a best place to work in the country. Connect to our mission of
making kids better today and healthier tomorrow.--
Have questions about the recruitment process? Check out What to
Address: 1645 Tullie Circle, Atlanta, GA 30329
Function: Nursing - Nursing-Bedside
Keywords: Children's Healthcare of Atlanta, Atlanta , RN Patient Flow Coordinator, Healthcare , Atlanta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!