Registered Nurse (RN) - Sub-Specialty Clinics at Hughes Spalding
Company: Children's Healthcare of Atlanta
Posted on: May 19, 2019
Work Schedule/Days: Day--/--Monday - Friday
Employment Type: Full-Time
Location: Hughes Spalding--
Requisition #: 32430
Performs nursing process while providing direct patient care in a
safe and effective manner that promotes quality patient outcomes.
Functions as member of interdisciplinary healthcare team.
- Graduation from accredited school of nursing
- Licensure as a Registered Nurse in the single State of Georgia
or Multi-State through the Enhanced Nurse Licensure
- Basic Life Support (BLS) within 30 days of employment
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) or Pediatric Emergency
Assessment Recognition and Stabilization (PEARS) within one year of
employment as required by department
- No minimum experience required
- Bachelor of Science in nursing
- One year of experience
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES*
- No minimally required knowledge, skills, or abilities
PRACTICE (Caring for the Patient)
- Cultivates and maintains effective interaction/communication
with medical staff, nursing staff, social workers, and others to
drive the care coordination process and facilitate continuity of
- Communicates with all members of the multidisciplinary team to
facilitate the care coordination process for specialty.
- Communicates with home health agencies, third-party payor, and
other community resources as needed to coordinate needs.
- Facilitates and provides ongoing communication with
patient/family, interdisciplinary staff and third parties (home
health, third party payers, pharmacies, and other resources) to
identify and resolve potential barriers.
- Facilitates clinical practice guidelines at the patient
- Performs outpatient and clinic care coordination and monitors
patients' care between clinic and home.
- Facilitates care via telehealth to assist with patient needs
- Refers cases identified as risk management issues, peer review
issues, or quality issues to appropriate personnel.
DEVELOPMENT (Fostering Clinical Knowledge)
- Participates in lifelong learning to maintain knowledge and
competence that reflects current nursing practice.
- Incorporates new knowledge into nursing practice to support
- Maintains professional records that provide evidence of
competence and learning.
- Self-evaluates professional practice in relation to
performance, development, resiliency, and goals.
- Takes action to achieve goals identified during performance
review, resulting in change in practice and role performance.
ENGAGEMENT (Engaging and Leading Professionally)
- Provides oversight for nursing care given by unlicensed
personnel while retaining accountability for patient care
- Engages in ethical practices utilizing principles from The Code
of Ethics for Nurses.
- Maintains therapeutic and professional relationships with
appropriate role boundaries.
- Contributes to a supportive and healthy work environment.
- Consults, contributes to, and coordinates care with
interdisciplinary healthcare team members.
- Demonstrates investment in others through
- Demonstrates support of shared leadership through awareness of
initiatives and providing input.
OUTCOMES (Driving Excellent Results)
- Integrates evidence and research findings into clinical
judgement and nursing practice.
- Participates in monitoring activities within work environment
to maintain a culture of safety.
- Identifies and communicates hazards and errors.
- Participates in quality and process improvement activities to
improve patient outcomes and workflow.
- Ensures equipment is in working order to provide safe patient
- Demonstrates commitment and flexibility through times of
PROFESSIONAL MANDATORY REQUIREMENTS
- Completes orientation and initial assessment of competency
successfully by determined due date.
- Completes mandatory education and annual competency assessment
requirements as defined by unit and system by due date.
- Achieves 75% attendance at staff meetings if applicable.
Safety: Practices proper safety techniques in accordance with
hospital and departmental policies and procedures. Responsible for
the reporting of employee/patient/visitor injuries or accidents, or
other safety issues to the supervisor and in the occurrence
Compliance: Monitors and ensures compliance with all regulatory
requirements, organizational standards, and policies and procedures
related to area of responsibility. Identifies potential risk areas
within area of responsibility and supports problem resolution
process. Maintains records of compliance activities and reports
compliance activities to the Compliance Office.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work performed by people assigned to this
classification. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of
all job duties performed by the personnel so classified.
Ability to lift up to 40 lbs independently and greater than 40 lbs
Bending/Stooping - Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to
1/3 of time)
Climbing - Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of
Hearing/Speaking - Effective communication with employees,
supervisors/managers and staff. Effective communications with
patients and visitors, as required.
Lifting - Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of
Pushing/Pulling - Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to
1/3 of time)
Sitting - Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of
Standing - Frequently (activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3
Walking - Frequently (activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3
Definite potential for exposure to blood and body fluids
Children's Healthcare of Atlanta has been 100 percent committed to
kids for more than 100 years. A not-for-profit organization,
Children's is dedicated to making kids better today and healthier
With 3 hospitals, 27--neighborhood locations and a total of 638
beds, Children's is the largest healthcare provider for children in
Georgia and one of the largest pediatric clinical care providers in
the country. Children's offers access to more than 70 pediatric
specialties and programs and is ranked among the top children's
hospitals in the country by U.S. News & World Report.
Children's has been ranked on Fortune magazine's list of "100 Best
Companies to Work For" for fourteen consecutive years and named one
of the "100 Best Companies" by Working Mother magazine. We offer a
comprehensive compensation and benefit package that supports our
mission, vision and values. We are proud to offer an array of
programs and services to our employees that have distinguished us
as a best place to work in the country. Connect to our mission of
making kids better today and healthier tomorrow.--
Have questions about the recruitment process? Check out What to
Address: 35 Jesse Hill Jr. Drive, SE, Atlanta, GA 30303
Function: Nursing - Nursing-Bedside
Keywords: Children's Healthcare of Atlanta, Atlanta , Registered Nurse (RN) - Sub-Specialty Clinics at Hughes Spalding, Healthcare , Atlanta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!