Nuclear Medicine Technologist
Company: Amen Clinics, Inc.
Posted on: December 9, 2018
Category Clinical & Support Services
Amen Clinics are outpatient health care clinics that have been providing mental wellness strategies to patients of all ages since 1989. We offer patient-first experiences and customized solutions to an array of behavioral and psychiatric conditions. Amen Clinics employs an array of healthcare professionals across our nationwide locations, including: psychiatrists, integrative physicians, nutritionists, therapists and wellness coaches. These practitioners have diverse educational backgrounds and specialties and are skilled at treating patients in the least harmful, most effective means possible. We use all the tools available to us to help make brain health happen. We believe that a better brain always leads to a better life and that achieving our mission will help to prevent and alleviate suffering, not only for individuals, but also for generations of individuals.
We are seeking a dynamic Per Diem Nuclear Medicine Technologist that can work in our Atlanta, GA Clinic. This clinic is a private mental health and brain SPECT imaging practice specializing in the diagnosis and treatment of behavioral and psychiatric disorders. The position requires an individual who can work in a fast paced, high volume clinic who is efficient, patient and compassionate. The ideal candidate will have a proven history working well with children and adults, well-organized and able to carry out patient studies as well as patient dosing and daily camera and hot lab QCs. With no generator on premises, the clinic receives unit doses from an outside nuclear pharmacy making efficiency a key trait.
The Per Diem Technologist should have availability to cover the department with advanced notice. Coverage varies as needed, once a month or every other month.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for performing brain SPECT scans, as well as related general quality assurance procedures
- Performing brain SPECT scans
- Patient preparation of IV
- Preparation of patient doses
- Administration of patient doses
- Processing and printing scan images before end of work day
- Administration of testing protocols
- Maintain Odyssey hard drive
- Maintain an accurate and up to date log book
- Perform daily quality control on cameras
- Perform all hot lab duties
- Daily constancy with two sources
- Daily surveys
- Weekly wipe tests
- Order correct number of isotope vials a day prior to scans
- Maintain all required documentation
- Perform semi-annual sealed source leak test
- Perform quarterly dose calibrator linearity tests
- Perform annual geometry and accuracy test on dose calibrator
- Manage medical supplies inventory
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Current Nuclear Medicine Technologist License in applicable state
- Ability to work efficiently with large patient volumes in a fast paced environment
- Capable of working with challenging patients
- Ability to communicate technical information to general public
- Time management and organization and ability to work independently and within a team are critical.
- Empathy, emotional stability, ability to relate well to others, good communications skills and above all genuine care and regard for the patient are required
- Familiarity with brain imaging a plus
- Familiarity with Picker Prism 3000 system a plus
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequent sitting for long periods of time
- Frequent typing and viewing of a computer screen
- Frequent use of hand and fingers with machines, such as a computer, copier, fax machine, scanner and telephone
- Frequent hearing, listening and speaking by telephone and in person
- Occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, stoop or bend
- Occasionally required to lift objects up to 15 lbs. with ability to lift multiple times per day
The work environment described here are representative of those that an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work indoors in temperature-controlled environment
- The noise level is usually moderate
Keywords: Amen Clinics, Inc., Atlanta , Nuclear Medicine Technologist, Healthcare , Atlanta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!