Radiation, Registered Nurse
Company: Northside Hospital
Posted on: November 12, 2018
Northside Hospital is award-winning, state-of-the-art and continually growing. Constantly expanding the quality and reach of our care to our patients and communities creates even more opportunity for the best healthcare professionals in Atlanta and beyond. Discover all the possibilities of a career at Northside today.
The Registered Professional Nurse at Northside Hospital independently plans and provides professional nursing care to patients in accordance with physician orders and established guidelines, and in accordance with the scope of practice as defined by the Georgia Nurse Practice Act. The American Nurses Association's (ANA) Nursing: Scope and Standards of Nursing Practice, 3rd Edition (2015), provides a definition of nursing as: "Nursing is the protection, promotion, and optimization of health and abilities, prevention of illness and injury, facilitation of healing, alleviation of suffering through the diagnosis and treatment of human response, and advocacy in the care of individuals, families, groups, communities, and populations." Furthermore, the scope of practice of the registered nurse and the corresponding standards and competencies are dependent on the nurse's education, experience, role and population served (ANA, Scope and Standards of Practice, 2015, p 2.). The practice of professional nursing at Northside Hospital utilizes ANA's Scope and Standards Practice: 1. Clinical Knowledge and Practice --- Assessment, Diagnosis, Outcomes Identification, Planning, Implementation, Evaluation; Clinical Information Systems; Patient Care Technology. 2. Professional Practice --- Communication, Culturally Congruent Practice, Ethics, Professional Practice Evaluation and Resource Utilization 3. Leadership --- Collaboration, Community Involvement, and Environmental Health 4. Professional Development --- Education of Self and Others, Expansion of Knowledge, Advancement of Practice, Contribution to the Professional/Clinical Specialty 5. Evidence-Based Practice, Quality and Research --- Evidence-based Practice, Nursing Research, Quality of Practice, Patient Satisfaction Scores, External Reporting/Benchmarks The Northside Hospital Staff RN III manages care of an assigned group of patients in accordance with the philosophy and policies of Northside Hospital. The practice of all professional nurses at Northside Hospital reflects the values of collaboration, communication, coordination, integration, and empowerment. Northside Hospital Staff Registered Nurse positions are based on a sequential progression from a novice nurse to an expert. The job descriptions for Staff RN I to Staff RN VI therefore imply that a nurse who is employed at a specific level possesses the knowledge, skills, competencies and critical thinking abilities of all prior levels. As an example, the job description for Staff RN III includes all provisions of Staff RN I and II in addition to the specific requirements of the Staff RN III position.
- Must be a graduate of an accredited school of nursing and licensed as a RN in the State of Georgia in good standing without limitations.
- Minimum of two (2) years of full-time experience as a RN post-orientation or post-residency training.
- Certified in American Heart Association's Basic Cardiac Life Support (BLS). a. Other REQUIRED cardiopulmonary resuscitation certifications (ACLS, NRP, PALS, etc.) are unit specific. Please refer to the specific clinical unit.
- Please refer to the specific clinical unit for additional education, competencies and/or certification required as a condition of employment.
- Other REQUIRED RN attributes are unit specific. Please refer to the specific clinical unit.
- BSN degree preferred
- National Certification in Clinical Specialty preferred
- Other preferred RN attributes are unit specific. Please refer to the specific clinical unit.
Keywords: Northside Hospital, Atlanta , Radiation, Registered Nurse, Healthcare , Atlanta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!