Neuroscience Critical Care Registered Nurse
Company: WellStar Health System
Posted on: November 12, 2018
At WellStar we all share common goals. That's what makes us so successful - and such an integral part of our communities. We want the same things, for our organization, for our patients, and for our colleagues. As the largest not-for-profit healthcare system in Georgia, this means we pride ourselves on investing in the communities that we serve. We continue to provide innovative care models, focused on improving quality and access to healthcare.
Neuroscience Critical Care Registered Nurse (RN) The Critical Care Neuroscience RN position at WellStar Kennestone Hospital is an excellent opportunity to work with a great interdisciplinary team, to challenge one's self in the specialty of critical care nursing, and to work with an exceptional group of Neurointensivists, Neurosurgeons, and Neurointerventionalists. The Neuroscience Critical Care unit is part of the growing Neuroscience Program at WellStar that already provides multi-state coverage as a Certified Comprehensive Stroke Center. Our mission is to become the regional leader in Neurosciences by providing high quality, comprehensive neurologic care through a multidisciplinary, patient-centered approach via one of the nations' most integrated health systems. With our continuous advances in technology and practice we are able to treat cerebrovascular disease, stroke, and aneurysms with greater effectiveness. Our Neuroscience Critical Care nursing team is highly skilled with a focus on patient and family centered care. As part of this exciting team you can become a clinical expert in specialty areas such as:
- Neuro Trauma
- Cerebral resuscitation and temperature management systems
- Management of cerebral edema and increased intracranial pressure
- Hemodynamic instability
- Management of airway and respiratory compromise
- Spinal reconstruction
- Monitoring abnormal electrical activity of the brain
- Cerebrospinal fluid pressure monitoring in hydrocephalus A career in the Neuroscience Critical Care unit at Kennestone includes a neuroscience nursing fellowship, and multilevel educational programs and lectures, with a focus on advanced neuroscience clinical skills and patient care techniques. We promote the achievement of a national specialty certification, such as a Certified Neuroscience Registered Nurse (CNRN), a Stroke Certified Registered Nurse (SCRN), and a Certified Critical Care Registered Nurse (CCRN). The leadership of the unit is comprised of the nurse manager, assistant nurse manager (ANM), nurse educator, and four charge nurses. There is one charge nurse for each shift who serves in a leadership role on the unit. The department also shares access to a Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS) whose focus is complex case reviews, clinical outcomes review and implementation of evidence based practice standards. WellStar Kennestone Regional Medical Center has an immediate opening for an experienced Registered Nurse (RN), responsible for implementing the nursing process based on expanded knowledge and experience. The RN Clinical Nurse is a proactive member of an interdisciplinary team of licensed and unlicensed care givers who ensure that patients, families and significant others receive individualized high quality, safe patient care.
- Monitor, record, and report symptoms or changes in patients' conditions.
- Maintain accurate, detailed reports and records.
- Record patients' medical information and vital signs.
- Order, interpret, and evaluate diagnostic tests to identify and assess patient's condition.
- Modify patient treatment plans as indicated by patients' responses and conditions.
- Direct or supervise less-skilled nursing or healthcare personnel or supervise a unit.
- Consult and coordinate with healthcare team members to assess, plan, implement, or evaluate patient care plans.
- Monitor all aspects of patient care, including diet and physical activity.
- Instruct individuals, families, or other groups on topics such as health education, disease prevention, or childbirth and develop health improvement programs.
- Prepare patients for and assist with examinations or treatments.
Required Minimum Education: Graduate of an accredited/approved school of nursing: Baccalaureate degree in nursing (BSN) from an accredited school of nursing preferred; National certification in area of specialty preferred Required Minimum Licensure/Certification: Currently licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Georgia or hold a privilege to practice in the State of Georgia under the Enhanced Nurse Licensure Compact (eNLC) ; Must have a current BLS & ACLS card from the American Heart Association on the first day of employment in position. Required Minimum Experience: Experience with direct patient care preferred. Required Minimum Skills: Ability to read, write and speak English language, optimize the use of technology to support clinical care and holds basic computer skills; Strong interpersonal, collaborative skills along with customer service skills required; Ability to function in a fast paced environment and respond to emergencies in using a decisive, composed and respectful manner; Possess excellent time management skills; practices nursing using evidence and analytical skills along with possessing strong critical thinking skills.
Join us for outstanding benefits and development opportunities. We also offer state-of-the-art technology, professional support and advancement, and colleagues that rank amongst the best in the country. Step up to your potential. Find out more and apply today!
Keywords: WellStar Health System, Atlanta , Neuroscience Critical Care Registered Nurse, Healthcare , Marietta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!