Registered Nurse (RN) Periop I
Company: WellStar Health System
Posted on: October 12, 2018
At WellStar we all share common goals. That s what makes us so successful and such an integral part of our communities. We want the same things, for our organization, for our patients, and for our colleagues. As the largest not-for-profit healthcare system in Georgia, this means we pride ourselves on investing in the communities that we serve. We continue to provide innovative care models, focused on improving quality and access to healthcare.
WellStar Kennestone Regional Medical Center has an immediate opening for an experienced Registered Nurse (RN) Periop in General Surgery, responsible for implementing the nursing process based on expanded knowledge and experience.
WellStar utilizes the Peri-Op 101 program through A.O.R.N. (Association of Peri-Operative Nurses).
The RN Clinical Nurse is a proactive member of an interdisciplinary team of licensed and unlicensed care givers who ensure that patients, families and significant others receive individualized high quality, safe patient care.
- Monitor, record, and report symptoms or changes in patients' conditions.
- Maintain accurate, detailed reports and records.
- Record patients' medical information and vital signs.
- Order, interpret, and evaluate diagnostic tests to identify and assess patient's condition.
- Modify patient treatment plans as indicated by patients' responses and conditions.
- Direct or supervise less-skilled nursing or healthcare personnel or supervise a unit.
- Consult and coordinate with healthcare team members to assess, plan, implement, or evaluate patient care plans.
- Monitor all aspects of patient care, including diet and physical activity.
- Instruct individuals, families, or other groups on topics such as health education, disease prevention, or childbirth and develop health improvement programs.
- Prepare patients for and assist with examinations or treatments. Some interesting facts about Wellstar Kennestone s Operating Room
- We have 20 Operating Rooms and staff all 20 each day.
- We are staffed 24/7, nights and weekends we always have 2-3 teams in house and 2 teams on call.
- We have 3 Intuitive Da Vinci robots that are used on multiple service lines i.e. Bariatrics, Colo-Rectal, Gynecology, Urology, Cancer Surgery,
- We have approximately 150 employees in our department.
- There is a call requirement for RN s & Surgical Techs, varies from month to month, anywhere from per month on an average.
- We do extremely complex Neuro procedures from craniotomies for tumors to cerebral aneurysms.
- Our turnover time per procedure averages 25-26 minutes per case.
- Our orientation to our department is approximately 12 weeks, depending on experience.
- WellStar utilizes the Peri-Op 101 program through A.O.R.N. (Association of Peri-Operative Nurses).
- We take 1-3 RN s per cohort, which each cohort lasts 12 weeks of classroom & clinical followed by approx. 12 weeks of department/service line orientation.
- WellStar offers education to sit for the CNOR exam, we do a prep course at a discounted rate. Qualifications
Required Minimum Education: Graduate of an accredited/approved school of nursing: Baccalaureate degree in nursing (BSN) from an accredited school of nursing preferred.
Required Minimum Licensure/Certification: Currently licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Georgia or hold a privilege to practice in the State of Georgia under the Enhanced Nurse Licensure Compact (eNLC) ; Must have a current BLS card from the American Heart Association on the first day of employment in position. National certification in area of specialty preferred.
Required Minimum Experience: Experience with direct patient care preferred.
Join us for outstanding benefits and development opportunities. We also offer state-of-the-art technology, professional support and advancement, and colleagues that rank amongst the best in the country.
Step up to your potential. Find out more and apply today!
Associated topics: care unit, domiciliary, maternal, mhb, nurse clinical, nurse rn, psychiatric, recovery, transitional, unit
Keywords: WellStar Health System, Atlanta , Registered Nurse (RN) Periop I, Healthcare , Marietta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!