Certified Medical Assistant
Company: Covenant Care Pediatrics
Posted on: October 12, 2018
JOB SUMMARY Responsible for providing excellent medical care and an outstanding and efficient patient experience as part of clinical care team. Assists team in coordinating care before and after office visits. Demonstrates a commitment to our Patients First model and our values of excellence, caring, service, and integrity. Follows the "CCP Way" and Model of Care. Always represents the Practice in a professional and caring manner. Proactively seeks to learn and grow and to improve the Practice. EDUCATION Minimum: High school diploma or equivalent and completion of an accredited medical assistant training program. CERTIFICATIONS Medical Assistant certification EXPERIENCE No minimum experience required. PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- One to two or more years of pediatric office experience, with experience in vital signs and measurements in children, preparing and administering vaccines, and in-office pediatric labs.
- Correct grammar and spelling of English language and familiarity with medical abbreviations.
- Knowledge of growth and development in children, vaccines, and common childhood illnesses.
- Ability to work with both children from birth to adulthood and their parents/caregivers.
- Exceptional customer service and telephone skills.
- Good computer skills and EMR experience. JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Demonstrates alignment with our purpose and values, always putting Patients First.
- Functions in a team/collaborative environment with excellent communication, teamwork, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Contributes to an exceptional patient experience.
- Accurately measures and records vital signs and measurements of children at every age.
- Accurately documents patient care including medical histories, allergies, and medications.
- Accurately completes and maintains all medical records and forms.
- Compassionately obtains lab specimens and accurately performs and records lab results.
- Uses excellent communication skills and organization to efficiently manage patient care in a fast-paced environment without sacrificing customer service and an outstanding patient experience.
- Properly administer and record vaccines.
- Perform procedures including fluoride varnish, vision and hearing tests.
- Accurately prepares and administer in-office medications.
- Provides accurate telephone advice using approved protocols.
- Provides accurate advice and patient education in the office.
- Follow-up of labs and diagnostic tests in organized and efficient manner according to established protocols.
- Follow-up of referrals and other care coordination activities in organized and efficient manner according to established protocols.
- Communicates with team members in other departments to ensure quality and efficiency of care and the patient experience.
- Maintain a clean and professional office environment.
- Maintains clean and stocked exam rooms and patient care areas.
- Maintains clinical equipment, lab and medical supplies, and quality controls.
- Performs administrative duties as needed, including answering phone, making appointments, check in and check out.
- Participates in practice quality, improvement, and excellence initiatives.
- Participates in the development and implementation of practice programs.
- Participates in team development meetings and education sessions.
- Recognizes the importance of continual personal and professional learning, growth, and development.
- Continually expands and improves knowledge and skills.
- Other duties as assigned. This description describes the general responsibilities and functions of this role and job description. It is not an exhaustive list of all job duties. PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Walking, sitting, or standing for prolonged periods of time.
- Long periods on phone, watching a computer terminal, and typing.
- Occasionally lift or carry items weighing up to 40 pounds. WORKING CONDITIONS Potential for exposure to communicable diseases, blood, and body fluids. ABOUT US Covenant Care Pediatrics is a faith-based pediatric practice founded in 2004. Our team of caregivers is dedicated to providing the very best pediatric care and patient experience available. We are passionate about children, committed to excellence in comprehensive, evidence-based care, and fanatics about the patient experience. Our goal is to be a model pediatric practice and serve as a medical home for children. We are committed to quality and continuous improvement. We strive to put Patients First in all things, with excellence, service, caring, and integrity. Learn more about our culture, purpose, and core values at We are building a team of amazing people to meaningful work in an extraordinary way: to inspire lifelong health, hope, and wellbeing in children, families, and communities.
Keywords: Covenant Care Pediatrics, Atlanta , Certified Medical Assistant, Healthcare , Stockbridge, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!