Registered Nurse (RN) Outpatient Surgery Center
Company: WellStar Health System
Posted on: September 15, 2018
At WellStar we all share common goals. That s what makes us so successful and such an integral part of our communities. We want the same things, for our organization, for our patients, and for our colleagues. As the largest not-for-profit healthcare system in Georgia, this means we pride ourselves on investing in the communities that we serve. We continue to provide innovative care models, focused on improving quality and access to healthcare.
WellStar Kennestone Regional Medical Center has an immediate opening for an experienced Registered Nurse (RN) in Outpatient Surgery Center, responsible for implementing the nursing process based on expanded knowledge and experience.
Surgical RN Circulator position at WellStar Kennestone Outpatient Surgery Center (KOSC) is an excellent opportunity to work with a great interdisciplinary perioperative team, to challenge one s self in the specialty of surgical nursing, and to work in an environment of patient centered approach with an exceptional group of Registered Nurses, Surgical Technicians and Surgeons. The Wellstar Kennestone Outpatient Surgery Center unit is part of the growing ambulatory surgery program across the system of 11 hospitals. With our continuous advances in technology and practice we are able to treat many surgical specialties and be able to send the patient home the same day.
Our Outpatient Surgery team is highly skilled with a focus on patient and family centered care creating a World Class Surgery Experience.
The RN Clinical Nurse is a proactive member of an interdisciplinary team of licensed and unlicensed care givers who ensure that patients, families and significant others receive individualized high quality, safe patient care.
- Monitor, record, and report symptoms or changes in patients' conditions.
- Maintain accurate, detailed reports and records.
- Record patients' medical information and vital signs.
- Order, interpret, and evaluate diagnostic tests to identify and assess patient's condition.
- Modify patient treatment plans as indicated by patients' responses and conditions.
- Direct or supervise less-skilled nursing or healthcare personnel or supervise a unit.
- Consult and coordinate with healthcare team members to assess, plan, implement, or evaluate patient care plans.
- Monitor all aspects of patient care, including diet and physical activity.
- Instruct individuals, families, or other groups on topics such as health education, disease prevention, or childbirth and develop health improvement programs.
- Prepare patients for and assist with examinations or treatments.Qualifications
Required Minimum Education: Graduate of an accredited/approved school of nursing: Baccalaureate degree in nursing (BSN) from an accredited school of nursing preferred; National certification in area of specialty preferred
Required Minimum Licensure/Certification: Current/active license as a registered nurse in the State of Georgia; Must have a current BLS card from the American Heart Association on the first day of employment in position.
Required Minimum Experience: Experience with direct patient care in an Outpatient Surgery Center preferred.
Required Minimum Skills: Ability to read, write and speak English language, optimize the use of technology to support clinical care and holds basic computer skills; Strong interpersonal, collaborative skills along with customer service skills required; Ability to function in a fast paced environment and respond to emergencies in using a decisive, composed and respectful manner; Possess excellent time management skills; practices nursing using evidence and analytical skills along with possessing strong critical thinking skills.
Join us for outstanding benefits and development opportunities. We also offer state-of-the-art technology, professional support and advancement, and colleagues that rank amongst the best in the country.
Step up to your potential. Find out more and apply today!
Associated topics: bsn, care, infusion, intensive care unit, maternal, mhb, neonatal, nurse rn, staff nurse, unit
Keywords: WellStar Health System, Atlanta , Registered Nurse (RN) Outpatient Surgery Center, Healthcare , Marietta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!