Psychiatry - Physician
Company: *Mercy Care - Trinity Health
Posted on: February 10, 2024
Mercy Care has an exciting full-time employment opportunity for
a Board Certified or Board Eligible Psychiatry physician to join an
exceptional team providing care for the underserved population in
Atlanta, Georgia 30312.
The schedule for this opportunity is 8-hour shifts, Monday through
Friday, with a four- or five-day workweek (32 or 40 hours per
Under limited supervision, the outpatient Psychiatrist provides
diagnoses, trauma informed treatment, and psychiatric medication
management for outpatients at Mercy Care. The Psychiatrist provides
integrated behavioral health care in the various programs at Mercy
Care, taking into consideration Social Determinants of Health in
underserved populations at an urban community FQHC. The
Psychiatrist also provides administrative oversight as needed,
supporting psychiatric APRNs through collaborative agreements,
participating in health fairs or Mercy Care community events on
weekends as requested 3-4 times a year.
**Provides patient care and/or support activities appropriate to
ages served; primarily adults ages 18+. This position is eligible
to apply for Loan Repayment through HRSA and National Health
Service Corps by working at an FQHC **
*Requirements for this opportunity include:*
* Graduation from a medical school recognized by the Georgia
Composite State Board of Medical Examiners is required, along with
Board certification or eligibility in the specialty of Psychiatry
from the ABMS and the American Board of Psychiatry and
* Unrestricted licensure to practice medicine within the state of
Georgia is required.
* Graduation from an ACGME certified Psychiatry residency program
to include at least one year serving disadvantaged or special needs
* Must have experience working with people with both mental illness
and substance use disorders, as well as working in a
* The ability and legal right to drive in Georgia, including an
active, current Georgia Driver's License, may be required.
* Bilingual candidates in Spanish & English strongly
* Must be able to build strong, cohesive, outcomes-focused working
relationships with underserved populations and the Integrated
Behavioral Health, primary care, dental and vision teams at Mercy
* Must be able to initiate and maintain collaborative working
relationships with patients and colleagues.
* Must be able to make decisions both independently and within
interdisciplinary health, nursing, educational and social services
* Must possess organizational and leadership skills, ability to
work with psychiatric nurse and mid-level providers and support
staff, and willingness to provide consultation to primary care
providers working in integrated care setting.
* Must be able to maintain appropriate professional and personal
boundaries and act as a positive, healthy role model for patients
and colleagues. Racial and cultural sensitivity is essential.
This is an excellent opportunity for a Psychiatrist to provide care
in an underserved community.* - *
A competitive compensation package is being offered. This facility
is also recognized as a Federally Qualified Health Center
Keywords: *Mercy Care - Trinity Health, Atlanta , Psychiatry - Physician, Healthcare , Atlanta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!