staff - Registered Nurse (RN) - CVOR - $32-48 per hour
Company: Emory Healthcare
Posted on: November 20, 2023
Emory Healthcare is seeking a Registered Nurse (RN) CVOR for a
nursing job in Atlanta, Georgia.Job Description & Requirements
- Specialty: CVOR
- Discipline: RN
- Duration: Ongoing
- Employment Type: Staff
- Capable clinician who has acquired broad experience in caring
for patients, and has developed a sound understanding about the
care of a particular patient population.
- Routinely uses acquired knowledge, theory, research and
experience to respond to changes in clinical situations.
- Is able to apply the Synergy Model for Care in practice, and
use this knowledge to personalize care for each
- Serves as a resource to colleagues and strong advocate for
- Consistently communicates effectively and respectfully with the
patient, the patient's family, and other members of the healthcare
- Delivers safe, dependable and effective care to a patient
population independently utilizing the nursing process.
- Demonstrates developed assessment skills.
- Recognizes the impact of nursing care on patient
- Continues to recognize own performance limitations, but
requires minimal assistance.
- Documents the nursing process accurately and in the appropriate
format (e.g. computer, clinical pathway, chart).
- Plans and implements patient care independently.
- Utilizes patient/family focus on cost containment.
- Demonstrates effective listening skills.
- Reduces barriers to facilitate communication.
- Utilizes effective conflict resolution skills.
- Individualizes care based upon the knowledge of the patient and
- Recognizes needs and advocates for patient based on knowledge
- Has awareness of one's own values and how they effect
interactions and relationships.
- Recognizes that cultural differences need to be considered in
developing patient and family relationships (focus on identifying
- Identifies and implements a course of action in non-routine
- May seek assistance to resolve complex issues.
- Respects and maintains confidential information.
- Accepts personal accountability for professional development
- Participates within the unit to identify and address discipline
specific issues and needs.
- Articulates application of Synergy model for care in clinical
- Collects, reports, analyzes and provides data on an ongoing
basis and as required by physician and/or interdisciplinary teams
in accordance with organization standards.
- Revises and evaluates effectiveness of patient care
- Uses interviews, surveys, focus groups and questionnaires to
identify and resolves areas for improvement.
- Meets all Clinical Nurse I Employee Commitments.
- Achieves points and contact hours as defined in the PLAN
(clinical lattice) point system to maintain position.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing 12 months of recent
nursing experience within the past five years or recent completion
of a re-entry nursing program.
- Must have a valid, active unencumbered Nursing license or
temporary permit approved by the Georgia Licensing Board.
- BLS certification required and ACLS may be required in
(Medium-Heavy) 36-75 lbs, 0-33% of the work day (occasionally);
20-35 lbs, 34-66% of the workday; (frequently); 10-20 lbs, 67-100%
of the workday (constantly); Lifting 75 lbs max; Carrying of
objects up to 35 lbs; Occasional to frequent standing & walking;
Occasional sitting; Close eye input and goals in planning plan of
care. Evaluates patient's response to planned care and adjusts plan
of care as appropriate. Identifies patient and family learning
needs and makes recommendations to resources regarding those needs.
Incorporates AACN Synergy Model into clinical practice. Manages
time effectively. Identifies the need to revise policies and
procedures for a patient population based on receipt/review of
evidence-based research. Delegates appropriately utilizing the
Synergy model of care. Recognizes the roles of the
interdisciplinary team, patient and family care partners and
utilizes them appropriately as resources in planning patient care.
Functions in a developing leadership role. Functions as Charge
Nurse when assigned. Orients staff or students as assigned in
absence of designated preceptor. Utilizes resources in a
responsible manner with a work (computers, typing, reading,
writing); Physical demands may vary depending on assigned work area
and work tasks. ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS:
Factors affecting environment conditions may vary depending on the
assigned work area and tasks. Environmental exposures include, but
are not limited to: Blood-borne pathogen exposure; Bio-hazardous
waste Chemicals/gases/fumes/vapors; Communicable diseases;
Electrical shock; Floor Surfaces; Hot/Cold Temperatures;
Indoor/Outdoor conditions; Latex; Lighting; Patient care/handling
injuries; Radiation; Shift work; Travel may be required; Use of
personal protective equipment, including respirators; environmental
conditions may vary depending on assigned work area and work
RN Clin III, Proc Interv-CVOR, Salary: $36.62/hr. min- $52.01/hr.
The grade and salary of the position are based on specific criteria
met within the qualifications as well as the specialty area,
relevant experience, skills, performance and internal equity. This
position is eligible for shift differentials.
Once you are in the role, you are eligible to progress to the
following roles based on qualifications: Advanced Nurse Clinician,
Nurse Scholar, EeMR Resource Preceptor, and Advanced Nurse
Heart. Soul. Expertise. That's what defines an Emory nurse. No
matter where you are in your nursing career, when you chose this
distinguished profession, you chose to change lives. We are proud
to be the only health system in Georgia with four
Magnet---recognized hospitals: Emory Saint Joseph's Hospital, Emory
University Hospital, Emory University Orthopaedics and Spine
Hospital and Emory Johns Creek Hospital.
Our nurses are integral members of inter-professional teams in
hospitals and clinics that are committed to outstanding patient
care. We're eager to share what we learn with hospitals around the
country, and the world. We've got the backing, knowledge,
experience and permission to lead the way in developing new and
better approaches to preventing and treating disease, and our
patients get treatments years before anyone else.
We're looking for operating room circulating RNs to join our team
who are passionate about providing the best care for patients. Our
CVOR nurses are integral members of high-functioning teams
committed to excellence and outstanding patient care, driven by
their expertise, compassion and dedication to evidence-based
practice, and operate at a higher level of practice. If you have at
least 1 year of CVOR experience, we invite you to consider
advancing your career at Emory Healthcare.
We're defining a new standard of care for humankind. Are YOU ready
to join us?
--Emory Healthcare Job ID #71337. Posted job title: registered
nurse, cardiovascular operating room, cvor OnsiteAbout Emory
HealthcareWhether directly interacting with patients or providing
backend support, every member of our Emory Healthcare team makes a
difference in the lives of our patients and our communities. Our
core purpose-improving lives and providing hope-guides our work
every single day.Whether we are caring for the most complex
patients or celebrating new moms and dads as they welcome the
newest members of their families, each member of our Emory
Healthcare team is committed to our patient- and family-centered
care model, improving the health of our community, and continuously
innovating to discover new treatments, therapies and care
Keywords: Emory Healthcare, Atlanta , staff - Registered Nurse (RN) - CVOR - $32-48 per hour, Healthcare , Atlanta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!