Posted on: November 20, 2023
PURPOSE AND SCOPE: The Medical Assistant PPS has duties and
responsibilities related to patient care in the ambulatory clinic
environment. - The incumbent displays responsible behaviors,
communicates effectively to others and functions as a member of the
healthcare team. -The Medical Assistant PPS functions under the
direct supervision and authority of the physician when performing
clinical tasks during patient care. -The incumbent maintains an
inventory of examination/procedure room supplies, assists in the
organization of efficient patient flow, and organizes the clinic
environment to assure patient safety. - The Medical Assistant PPS
demonstrates problem-solving skills as they relate to patient care
activities, provides guidance for and acts as a role model for
other medical assistants in the clinical area.PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND
- Assists in the performance of patient care:
- Rooms patients
- Obtains weight, vital signs, BMI, patient history
- Assists patients in collection of specimens
- Assists practitioners with procedures
- Complete forms, requisitions and consents as required
- Documents in EMR
- Able to elicit medical information from patients including but
not limited to: health history, medication changes, chief complaint
and other pertinent health information.
- Records and documents health information accurately,
appropriately and timely on a consistent basis.
- Preps chart for patient office appointments, requires
retrieving labs, test, imaging, and hospital notes.
- Requests records on all new patients.
- Performs basic filing, scanning, entry of lab result and
photocopying duties as required.
- Administers injections as ordered by provider.
- Calls or electronically send prescriptions and refills as
- Responsible for daily stocking of equipment and supplies in
assigned rooms on a daily basis.
- Able to identify and notifies provider of critical diagnostic
- Prepares and closes medical records accurately, appropriately
and timely on consistent basis.
- Answers patient's questions regarding procedures and
medications under Medical Assistant's scope of practice.
- All phone calls are handled accurately, appropriately,
consistently, and in a timely manner.
- Knowledge of all patient programs and scheduling process for
all programs such as: chronic kidney disease education, nutrition
and other patient-related classes.
- Communicates information in an accurate, concise, and timely
and professional manner.
- Travels to various locations as requested.
- Answers telephone in a pleasant manner and deals with all
internal and external customer needs expeditiously.
- Coverage for other medical assistants as needed
- Follows all processes and procedures uniformly.
- Demonstrates outstanding customer service skills including
empathy and compassion, respect, efficiency and professionalism
when interacting with internal and external customers.
- Assures confidentiality of information in written and verbal
- Protects patients' rights and privacy.
- Works independently with integrity on behalf of the company and
demonstrates organization of work and the ability to set
priorities. Demonstrates a sense of importance on all matters
related to our patients.
- Accepts responsibility for individual actions and
- Conducts all activities in compliance with applicable laws,
regulations, standards, and practice policies and procedures.
- Escalates issues to supervisor for resolution, as deemed
- Review and comply with the Code of Business Conduct and all
applicable company policies and procedures, local, state and
federal laws and regulations.
- Assist with various projects as assigned by direct
- Other duties as assigned.Additional responsibilities may
include focus on one or more departments or locations. - See
applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
-PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics
described here are representative of those an employee encounters
while performing the essential functions of this job. - Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
- The employee is regularly required to sit, stand, and walk; use
hands to finger, handle, and feel; reach with hands and arms; talk
and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel,
crouch, or crawl.
- Must be able to lift/push/pull up to 50 lbs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and
ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment is a medical practice with a quiet to
moderate noise level. While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is exposed to various medical equipment.EDUCATION:
- High School Diploma required.
- Completion of an Accredited Medical Assistant training program,
such as courses provided through community colleges and/or
- Current certification in CPR.
- Certified as a Medical Assistant by an approved National
- Interpersonal and communication skills with patients, families,
physicians and other health care team members in order to foster
optimal quality of outpatient care.
- The Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) certification from the
American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA) strongly
- The National Certified Medical Assistant (NCMA) certification
from the National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT) strongly
- The Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA) certification
from the National Healthcare Association (NHA) strongly
preferred.EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 1 - 2 years' related experience, preferably in a Nephrology
- Ability to interpret documents such as safety rules, operating
and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- General math skills.
- Intermediate computer skills and experience with electronic
medical office systems such as electronic medical records,
scheduling programs, switchboard, credit card machines, standard
office equipment and any new technology that arises. EO/AA
Orientation/Gender IdentityFresenius Medical Care North America
maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable
federal and state laws.
Keywords: FRESENIUS, Atlanta , Medical Assistant/LPN, Healthcare , Atlanta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!