Certified Nursing Assistant CNA - Long Term Care New Horizons Limestone Full Time Nights
Company: Northeast Georgia Health System
Posted on: November 18, 2023
Take the next step in your career now, scroll down to read the full
role description and make your application.
12 Hr Evening - Morning
Northeast Georgia Health System is rooted in a foundation of
improving the health of our communities.
About the Role:
Demonstrates direct and indirect resident patient care activities
under the direction of an RN or LPN. Assists residents with
activities of daily living, provides for personal care, comfort,
and assists in the maintenance of a safe and clean environment for
an assigned group of residents. This position will care for
patients in the adult and geriatric age groups. Employee performs
clinical duties in accordance with population specific guidelines
and adheres to National Patient Safety Goals as outlined in policy
Minimum Job Qualifications
* Licensure or other certifications: Current Georgia Certified
Nursing Assistant licensure.
* Educational Requirements:
* Minimum Experience:
Preferred Job Qualifications
* Preferred Licensure or other certifications:
* Preferred Educational Requirements:
* Preferred Experience: One (1) year of nursing assistant-related
Job Specific and Unique Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* Basic nursing assistant skills
* Basic mathematical abilities
* Knowledge of emergency procedures
* Demonstrates techniques of therapeutic communication and explains
procedure regarding care to be provided to patient prior to start
* Demonstrates commitment and willingness to follow supervisory
guidelines and work as part of a team
Essential Tasks and Responsibilities
* Makes care rounds and reports pertinent information as
appropriate. Takes vitals and tube feeding.
* Provides personal care such as bathing, shampoo, nail care, mouth
care, as directed by the patient's plan of care in accordance with
service procedures and assists patient's with necessary self help
skills, leaving the patient's immediate environment neat and
* Utilizes proper body mechanics, provides for positioning,
mobility, or comfort needs. Contributes to patient safety and
reports potential problems/concepts to the Patient Care
* Ensures resident equipment is accessible to resident (i.e., call
bell, water pitcher, assistive devices).
* Ensures resident activity and other worksheets are completed
* Stores equipment and supplies in compliance with policies and
* Reports all complaints and grievances made by patient or family
members to charge nurse, ADON, DON, or Administrator.
* Responsible for storing resident's personal items properly.
* Assist in washing resident's clothes.
* Run errands to other departments to deliver or pick-up items, if
* May assist with housekeeping duties such as cleaning tables,
* Weight Lifted: Up to 50 lbs, Occasionally 0-30% of time
* Weight Carried: Up to 50 lbs, Occasionally 0-30% of time
* Vision: Moderate, Constantly 66-100% of time
* Kneeling/Stooping/Bending: Frequently 31-65%
* Standing/Walking: Frequently 31-65%
* Pushing/Pulling: Occasionally 0-30%
* Intensity of Work: Occasionally 0-30%
* Job Requires: Reading, Writing, Reasoning, Talking,
Working at NGHS means being part of something special: a team
invested in you as a person, an employee, and in helping you reach
NGHS: Opportunities start here.
Northeast Georgia Health System is an Equal Opportunity Employer
and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of
race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin,
marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or
any other legally protected classification or status.
Keywords: Northeast Georgia Health System, Atlanta , Certified Nursing Assistant CNA - Long Term Care New Horizons Limestone Full Time Nights, Healthcare , Gainesville, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!