Anesthetist, Cardiac Team (CT) - Emory University Hospital (EUH)
Posted on: September 20, 2023
Anesthetist, Cardiac Team (CT) - Emory University Hospital
Emory University Hospital (EUH) Cardiac Anesthetist Team is seeking
to hire Anesthetists (Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist or
Certified Anesthesiologist Assistant), to become a vital part of
Emory Healthcare's integrated academic healthcare system.
- Full Time; Rotating schedule with call.
Emory University Hospital (EUH) Cardiac Anesthetist Team assists in
the management of patients undergoing general anesthesia for
surgical procedures including heart and lung transplants, VADs,
ECMO, CABGs, robotic CABGs, conventional valve surgery, minimally
invasive valve surgery, VATs, robotic lobectomies, general
thoracic. We also participate in out- of- OR procedures including
TAVRs, Mitral clips, TEVARs, EP procedures, and anesthesia for TEEs
All Anesthetists are expected to supervise Student Anesthetists,
participate managing patient needs at both Emory University
Hospital (EUH) and Emory University Hospital Midtown (EUHM) as well
as have the opportunity to participate in clinical research.
Like all Emory sites, we practice within the Anesthesia Care Team
Model under the direct supervision of an Attending
- General and/or Transplant Anesthesia experience highly
- Under the direction of an Anesthesiologist, assists in the
administration of general and regional anesthesia to surgical and
non-surgical procedure patients.
- Performs initial acute cardio-pulmonary resuscitation in
life-threatening situations or as directed by a physician.
- Interprets and records patient's physiological and
- Assists the Anesthesiologist in gathering routine pre-op
- Instructs others in principles and practices of anesthesia,
respiratory care and cardio-pulmonary resuscitation as directed by
- Assists in research projects as carried out by an
- Establishes multi-parameter monitoring of patient prior to,
during and after anesthesia or in other acute care situations,
including ECG, direct arterial pressure, central venous pressure,
arterial blood gas determinations, hematocrits, and routine
measurement of temperature, respiration, blood pressure, and heart
- Establishes other monitoring as may be developed for anesthesia
and intensive care use. Manages pre- and post-anesthetic care,
including ventilatory support of patients as assigned by an
- Manages ventilators and other respiratory care parameters as
directed by the physician.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Graduate of an accredited Certified Registered Nurse
Anesthetist (CRNA) or Certified Anesthesiologist Assistant (CAA)
Master's Degree program.
- Licensed or eligible to practice in the State of Georgia.
- Certified by National Board of Certification and
Recertification for Nurse Anesthetists (NBCRNA) or National
Commission for Certification of Anesthesiologist Assistants
- Must maintain biannual certification through the submission of
Continuing Medical Education credits (CMEs).
- BLS certification from American Heart Association (AHA)
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS (Medium):
- 20-50 lbs; 0-33% of the work day (occasionally); 11-25 lbs,
34-66% of the workday (frequently); 01-10 lbs, 67-100% of the
workday (constantly); Lifting 50 lbs max; Carrying of objects up to
25 lbs; Occasional to frequent standing & walking, Occasional
sitting, Close eye work (computers, typing, reading, writing),
Physical demands may vary depending on assigned work area and work
- Factors affecting environment conditions may vary depending on
the assigned work area and tasks.
- Environmental exposures include, but are not limited to:
Blood-borne pathogen exposure Bio-hazardous waste
Chemicals/gases/fumes/vapors Communicable diseases Electrical
shock, Floor Surfaces, Hot/Cold Temperatures, Indoor/Outdoor
conditions, Latex, Lighting, Patient care/handling injuries,
Radiation, Shift work, Travel may be required.
- Use of personal protective equipment, including respirators,
environmental conditions may vary depending on assigned work area
and work tasks.
Why Emory Healthcare?
Emory Healthcare, part of Emory University, is the most
comprehensive academic health system in Georgia. At Emory
Healthcare, our mission is to create and promote a culture that
supports the growth and development of our Anesthetists, and in
collaboration with the health care team, provide high-quality
value-based care to patients and the community.
Highlights of joining the Emory Healthcare team:
- Emory University Hospital named Top 100 Global Hospital
- An 11-hospital system with 254 outpatient locations and close
to 1,000 Advance Practice Providers
- Rewarded with highly competitive compensation and benefit
- A strong multidisciplinary collaborative health care team that
values shared decision making
- Academic health care setting that partners closely with Emory
School of Medicine
- A culture of strong system leadership, research, education and
Associated topics: cardiologist, cardiology, cardiothoracic,
congestive, electrophysiology, heart, hhp, interventional, non
interventional, non invasive
Keywords: Emory, Atlanta , Anesthetist, Cardiac Team (CT) - Emory University Hospital (EUH), Healthcare , Atlanta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!