RN Supervisor, Med Surg - Choice+ - Med Surg
Company: Northside Hospital - Atlanta
Posted on: September 20, 2023
RN Supervisor, Med Surg - Choice+Northside Hospital is
award-winning, state-of-the-art, and continually growing.
Constantly expanding the quality and reach of our care to our
patients and communities creates even more opportunity for the best
healthcare professionals in Atlanta and beyond. Discover all the
possibilities of a career at Northside today.
This Supervisor will oversee and assist in the day-today operations
of the Choice+ program and provide support to the Choice+ RNs. The
Supervisor will be based in Atlanta (Mon - Fri, 8-hr shifts), but
will perform monthly in-person check-ins at each campus.
* Interprets and communicates hospital and division nursing
philosophy, policies, procedures,
and established standards of care and practice. Assists in the
development of department goals,
objectives, policies and procedures.
* Maintains adequate supplies, equipment, etc. for operations of
unit. Makes appropriate
recommendations to control the operational budget.
* Participates in the unit Quality Improvement activities.
* Coordinates admissions and discharges. Serves as a communication
liaison between patients,
families, staff, and physicians, and reports critical consequences
of actions taken to Manager or
* Complies with hospital and professional license, certification,
in-service, and training
requirements, and committee and conference participation as
appropriate for position.
Maintains familiarity with nursing care issues relating to medical
problems, surgical procedures,
and diagnostic studies, and technical training in the use of
equipment pertinent to area.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES/LICENSE OR CERTIFICATION
* Graduate from an accredited school of nursing with one (1) year
of nursing experience in area of specialty.
* Associates Degree with three (3) years' clinical experience OR
Bachelor's in Nursing with Two (2) years' clinical experience.
* Demonstrated ability to set priorities and make appropriate
clinical and supervisory decisions. Must possess good problem
* Demonstrated leadership capabilities.
* Certified in cardio-pulmonary resuscitation (CPR).
* Other certifications such as ACLS, PALS, NRP may be required
based on department needs.
* Successful completion of a management course prior to
appointment, or within six (6) months of employment.
Keywords: Northside Hospital - Atlanta, Atlanta , RN Supervisor, Med Surg - Choice+ - Med Surg, Healthcare , Atlanta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!