Physician Vice Chief of Service - ESA (Emory Hillandale Hospital)
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Job Purpose: To assist in leading clinical operations of the
Anesthesiology Department at EHH -Key Responsibilities and
Accountabilities The Vice Chief of Service will: -
- Aid and advise the Department Leadership in all aspects of
developing and maintaining clinical services and operations at
- Assist the Chief of Service in maintaining up-to-date clinical
care protocols and policies for the Division and promote
- Participate in physician and anesthetist recruitment upon
request and make candidate recommendations to Departmental
- Assist in managing the Division's schedule
- Supervise scheduling of physicians and anesthetists to ensure
institutional service expectations are met
- Serve as a liaison to the OR and procedural scheduling offices
for anesthesiology scheduling/availability questions
- Assist in coordinating and educating Board Runners re:
expectations of coverage, special circumstances, etc.
- Help to identify challenges and opportunities to improve OR
- Represent the Division on Local Clinical Operations and Medical
- Serve as proxy to committee meetings when Chief of Service
- Serve as primary committee member as needed on committees
dealing with updates/changes to physical plant/facilities,
inspections by accrediting bodies, OR efficiency,
Resuscitation/Code committee, Perioperative Leadership committee,
OB leadership committee, PPEC, etc.
- Serve as a Division representative to the Operating Rooms
- Serve as a liaison to Anesthesia Services coordinator re:
issues of OR cleanliness, stocking, equipment delivery, etc.
- Educate members of the anesthesia team about Joint Commission
Guidelines and ensure appropriate resources/practices to maintain
- Assist in coordination of unusual/special OR cases
- Assist in providing/coordinating education and outreach of
anesthesia services to other departments (lectures, etc.)
- Support billing compliance through education on proper
documentation in consultation with the Department's Administrative
TeamReport: The Vice Chief of Service for EHH will report to the
Chief of Service for EDH/EHH, Inpatient Chief for Community
Practice, Vice Chair for Clinical Affairs, and Chair of the
Anesthesiology Department. - -JOB DESCRIPTION: The Physician will
attend to the needs of all patients within the scope of licensing,
training and credentialing. Attend to the medical needs of all
patients by performing patient care activities to fulfill the
duties and responsibilities of a Physician and assist in generating
adequate practice volume. The Physician will participate in on-call
duties and actively participate in meetings and committees.
Practice medicine within the current scope of national patient
safety goals. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Must possess a Doctor of
Medicine Degree (M.D.) or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine Degree
(D.O.). Must hold a valid and unrestricted medical license to
practice medicine in the State of Georgia. Board Eligible or Board
Certified preferred. Hold a valid DEA certificate without
restriction. Experience in outpatient medical practice preferred.
Excellent interpersonal skills required. Must be computer
Keywords: Emory, Atlanta , Physician Vice Chief of Service - ESA (Emory Hillandale Hospital), Healthcare , Lithonia, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...