Staff Registered Nurse, Advanced Care Center/Clinical Decision Unit
Location: Union City
Posted on: March 20, 2023
Kaiser Permanente nurses advance the art and science of nursing
in a patient-centered healing environment through their
professional practice and leadership. Kaiser Permanente nurses are
guided by an integrated nursing model that places patients and
families in the center. Our nurses embody a set of core values and
professional behaviors that define who we are. The Staff Registered
Nurse in the ACC/CDU practices professional nursing as defined by
the Georgia Registered Professional Nurse Practice Act and by
organizational policies, procedures and guidelines. Provides
nursing care for patients, members and families to restore and
promote health and to prevent illness and injury in the ACC/CDU and
supporting departments. Collaborates with leadership and members of
the Health Care Team across departments to ensure the delivery of
high quality, safe care and service.
- Provides nursing care to patients within his/her scope of
practice, utilizing the nursing process to assess the health
status, establish a nursing diagnosis, establish nursing goals to
meet health care needs, and develop, implement and evaluate a
nursing plan of care. O.C.G.A. S43-26-3(8). Nursing care will
involve both ACC and CDU patients.
- Assesses and triages patients presenting to the ACC/CDUhealth
care setting, including unscheduled patients, emergencies and
others. Recognizes patients presentation with atypical signs and
symptoms of acute coronary syndrome and acute stroke. Initiates
immediate emergency interventions. Provides care for patients of
varying age and acuity including AMI, multiple injuries, CVA, Gyn
emergencies and other medical /surgical conditions. Performs a
triage assessment, determines acuity, and implements an individual
plan of care. Evaluates emergency situations and initiates
appropriate nursing interventions. Leads the nursing response to
medical emergencies. Ensures the readiness of the Health Care Team
members to respond to emergencies, including equipment and staff
knowledge and skill.
- Monitors patient and work flows, directs other clinical support
staff in the delivery of patient care. Monitors electronic
messaging and email related to patient and provider requests and
inquires. Manages the messages as appropriate or triages to
physician or others as needed.
- Initiates and monitors IV therapy, administration of
medications and other nursing procedures as ordered by the
physician or associate practitioner. Assists with procedures and
monitors patients response during and after the procedure.
- Assesses patient and family health education needs, provides
health teaching and counseling and evaluates effectiveness of the
- Conducts outgoing telephone calls to patients requiring follow
up care and preventative outreach. Accurately documents patient
data, actions, interventions and patient response according to
established guidelines and policies.
- Leads or participates in quality improvement activities and/or
initiatives. Responds effectively to member / patient concerns.
Serves as an advocate for the patient. Facilitates transitions and
coordination of care across the continuum.
- Serves as a role model for quality and service and as a
resource, coach and mentor for other members of the Health Care
- Completes other department-specific procedures and nursing care
within scope of practice and skill. Consistently supports
compliance and the Principles of Responsibility (Kaiser Permanentes
Code of Conduct) by maintaining the privacy and confidentiality of
information, protecting the assets of the organization, acting with
ethics and integrity, reporting non-compliance, and adhering to
applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations,
accreditation and licenser requirements (if applicable), and Kaiser
Permanentes policies and procedures.
- Minimum of one (1) year recent (within last five (5) years)
experience within an Emergency Department and/or Critical Care unit
(ICU, L&D, ACC) as a licensed RN or completed a Kaiser
Permanente Nurse Residency program in Georgia.
- Associates degree.
- Graduate of NLN-accredited School of Nursing.
License, Certification, Registration
- Registered Professional Nurse License (Georgia) required at
- Basic Life Support required at hire
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support within 6 months of hire
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support required at hire
- Experience in a fast-paced setting/environment.
- Basic EKG interpretation.
- Advanced hemodynamic monitoring.
- Excellent nursing assessment skills.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience within an Emergency
Department and/or Critical Care unit (ICU, L&D, PACU,
- Bachelors (BSN) degree.
Job Category: Nursing Licensed & Nurse Practitioners
Keywords: Kaiser, Atlanta , Staff Registered Nurse, Advanced Care Center/Clinical Decision Unit, Healthcare , Union City, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...