Certified Pharmacy Technician- 40 hrs, Austell
Posted on: March 20, 2023
Under supervision licensed Pharmacist, performs general clerical
and technical duties. Maintains pharmacy services in accordance
with departmental policies and standards as well as state
regulations. Works in concert with center administration to ensure
effective delivery of pharmacy services.
- Performs general clerical duties including cash register
operation, cash handling, member eligibility verification,
bookkeeping, filing and general supply maintenance.
- Under supervision of a Registered Pharmacist, performs
technical duties including entering prescription and allergy data
into the computer or typing prescription labels, retrieving
medication from shelves, counting and packaging medication,
labeling medication, retrieving refill request information from
phone and automated systems.
- Assists with inventory control, purchasing, pharmaceutical
returns, return-to-stock, shelf cleanliness, product rotation and
- Serves members in a friendly, courteous and expedient manner
which promotes member satisfaction and retention.
- Works in conjunction with medical records and nursing staff to
collect and disseminate prescription related information (e.g.
advice slips, refill requests).
- In conjunction with supervisor or under supervisor's direction,
orients and instructs new pharmacy personnel regarding department
policies and procedures.
- Participates in patient education programs as appropriate.
- May have specific clinical pharmacy service responsibilities
such as patient enrollment in the service, telecommunication to
patients and practitioners, written patient communication,
laboratory data retrieval, processing reports (e.g. missed
appointments), collecting data for quality improvement projects,
maintaining a filing system, and handling administrative office
- Attends pharmacy education or training programs as
- One (1) year of dispensing technician experience.
- High School Diploma.
- Must maintain requirements of Continuing Education.
License, Certification, Registration
- Licensed from the State of Georgia (GA-PHART).
- Pharmacy Technician Certification Board - US-PTCB.
- Demonstrated effective communications skills and the ability to
deal pleasantly and effectively with medical staff and
- Knowledge of basic cash register operations and cash control
- Demonstrated ability to read and interpret written
- Complete a Customer Service Assessment.
- Customer service aptitude demonstrated through Customer Service
Job Category: Pharmacy
Keywords: Kaiser, Atlanta , Certified Pharmacy Technician- 40 hrs, Austell, Healthcare , Palmetto, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...