RN, Operating Room Charge Preceptor - Outpatient Ophthalmology
Company: Northside Hospital Inc.
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Northside Hospital is award-winning, state-of-the-art, and
continually growing. Constantly expanding the quality and reach of
our care to our patients and communities creates even more
opportunity for the best healthcare professionals in Atlanta and
beyond. Discover all the possibilities of a career at Northside
- As a Charge Nurse, coordinates daily activities and
distribution of work in area during scheduled shift; as a Preceptor
Nurse, acts as a professional educator and resource for new
employees, demonstrating clinical expertise and competence.
- The approximate amount of overall participation in direct
patient care activities is 80% and Charge Preceptor duties is
- The range of roles between Charge and Preceptor may vary
dependent upon patient acuity and volume issues.
- Works with a unit specific patient population.
- Care and/or services will be provided to pediatric, adolescent,
adult, and geriatric patients.
- This position is required to set priorities based on the
situation at hand, and is a combination of direct patient care,
management (charge), and education (preceptor) roles with
responsibility for a unit during an eight (8) to twelve (12) hour
- Must be a graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Demonstrated proficiency in skills applicable to designated
area within probationary period.
- Demonstrated ability to assume Charge Nurse responsibilities
and clinical expertise in area.
- Successful completion of a management course prior to
appointment, or within six (6) months of employment.
- Certified in cardio pulmonary resuscitation (CPR).
- Two (2) years recent experience in specialty.
- Completion of the Charge Preceptor course at Northside
- Operating Room: Prior Operating Room experience or completion
of a course in Operating Room Nursing.
- Peri-Operative Unit: Prior Pre-Operative, Post-Operative, ICU
experience, or completion of a course in Peri-Anesthesia
- Current ACLS certification required.Preferred:
- National certification in specialty area.
- Member of professional organization (i.e. ASORN, AORN,
ASPAN)6:45a-3:15pNoNoJob ID: 2022-23256 External Company Name:
Northside Hospital Inc. External Company URL: www.northside.com
Street: 5505 Peachtree Dunwoody Road Suite 150 Shift:: Day
Keywords: Northside Hospital Inc., Atlanta , RN, Operating Room Charge Preceptor - Outpatient Ophthalmology, Healthcare , Atlanta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!