Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) - Family Medicine
Company: WellStar Health System, Inc.
Posted on: January 27, 2023
How would you like to work in a place where your contributions and
ideas are valued? A place where you can serve with compassion,
pursue excellence and honor every voice? At Wellstar, our mission
is simple, yet powerful: to enhance the health and well-being of
every person we serve. We are proud to have become a shining
example of what's possible when the brightest professionals
dedicate themselves to making a difference in the healthcare
industry, and in people's lives.
The Certified Medical Assistant functions under the direction of
the Physician, Clinical Lead, Clinical NurseSupervisor, Nurse
Supervisor and/or Office Manager. Recognizes patient's needs and
symptoms inadvance. Provides care for the patient under the
physician's direction. Includes preparing patient for exams,
assisting during treatments, coordinating tests and follow-up care
and recording treatment in themedical record. Assists with
explaining patient instructions to the patient/family. Demonstrates
competency and skills to serve patients of all ages including
neonate, infant, child, adolescent, adult and geriatricpopulations.
Performs other duties as necessary.
East Cobb Health Park
3747 Roswell Road NE
Marietta, Georgia 30062
Required Minimum Education:
- High School diploma and/or equivalent required.
- Graduate from an accredited medical assistant program
- Graduate from a newly formed medical assistant program in which
the program has the intent to seek CAAHEP or ABHES accreditation
preferred. Required Minimum Certification:
- Must have successfully passed a Medical Assistant credentialing
body examination (AAMA, AMT, NHA, or NCCT) with current and
maintained Medical Assistant Credential.
- Must have a current BLS card from the American Heart
Association, prior to hire date. Required Minimum Experience:
- Work experience in a practice setting preferred.
- Specific experience in practice specialty may be required.
- Must be organized and attentive to detail.
- Must be able to work quickly and efficiently to assure patient
comfort and satisfaction.
- Able to communicate and understand verbal and written English
language, optimize the use of technology to support clinical care
and holds basic computer skills.
- The employee should also be able to adhere to the Wellstar
Credo and Code of Conduct.
Keywords: WellStar Health System, Inc., Atlanta , Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) - Family Medicine, Healthcare , Decatur, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!