Physical Therapist, Outpatient, PRN
Posted on: January 27, 2023
OverviewAt Emory Healthcare, we integrate science and caring to
change the face of health care. Our team members are courageous
individuals who are willing to challenge the status quo and help
find solutions to complex problems. Were empowered to influence
change for, and with, our patients, their families, the community
and each other. -As one of the leading academic medical systems,
were eager to share what we learn with hospitals around the
country, and the world. Weve got the backing, knowledge, experience
and permission to lead the way in developing new and better
approaches to preventing and treating disease, and our patients get
treatments years before anyone else. -Were defining a new standard
of care for humankind. Are YOU ready to join us?DescriptionJOB
- Provides comprehensive evaluations, treatments and education to
patients/families which are consistent with patient's
individualized needs and carried out within an interdisciplinary
- Maintains an established inventory of supplies; ensures the
proper use and maintenance of equipment and maintains a work area
which is free of debris and clutter.
- Communicates regularly with members of the patient care team,
the patient, family members and others involved with the patients
- Assesses the patient and identifies problems.
- Instructs and trains patient and family regarding pertinent
aspects of the patient's care.
- Plans, develops and implements a result-oriented treatment plan
responsive to the individualized needs of the patient and includes
clear, measurable goals.
- Modifies the treatment plan according to the patient's
- Plans treatment schedules which ensure optimal use of staff and
equipment for providing high quality patient services.
- Provides direct patient care; performs specialized treatments
according to the patient's individualized plan of care.
- Follows established protocols to document specifics related to
the patient program/setting.
- Accurately records daily charges for services rendered.
- Practices organizational and universal standards for sterile
technique and infection control in carrying out daily
responsibilities including proper cleaning and sterilization of
work surfaces, equipment and instruments.
- Performs other related duties as required. MINIMUM
- Graduation from a Physical Therapy school accredited by the
American Physical Therapy Association (APTA).
- Licensure as a Physical Therapist in the state of Georgia.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification in accordance with the
American Heart Association required.PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
(Medium-Heavy) 36-75 lbs, 0-33% of the work day (occasionally);
20-35 lbs, 34-66% of the workday; (frequently); 10-20 lbs, 67-100%
of the workday (constantly); Lifting 75 lbs max; Carrying of
objects up to 35 lbs; Occasional to frequent standing & walking;
Occasional sitting; Close eye work (computers, typing, reading,
writing); Physical demands may vary depending on assigned work area
and work tasks. ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS: Factors affecting
environment conditions may vary depending on the assigned work area
and tasks. Environmental exposures include, but are not limited to:
Blood-borne pathogen exposure; Bio-hazardous waste
Chemicals/gases/fumes/vapors; Communicable diseases; Electrical
shock; Floor Surfaces; Hot/Cold Temperatures; Indoor/Outdoor
conditions; Latex; Lighting; Patient care/handling injuries;
Radiation; Shift work; Travel may be required; Use of personal
protective equipment, including respirators; environmental
conditions may vary depending on assigned work area and work
tasks.Additional DetailsPlease upload to your online application a
copy of your current Physical Therapist License and BLS
Certification. - -
Keywords: UNAVAILABLE, Atlanta , Physical Therapist, Outpatient, PRN, Healthcare , Douglasville, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!