Registered Nurse, Intensive Care Unit, ICU RN, 7am-7:30pm
Posted on: June 26, 2022
Emory Hillandale Hospital Intensive Care Unit invites you to join
our 16 bed Intensive Care Unit. You will have the opportunity to
work with a high acuity and diverse patient population, with the
support of Clinical Nurse Specialist, Nurse Educator, and daily
rounding in partnership with Providers. We are committed to
providing education and providing answers to "Why"!
Your insight matters. We count on our ICU Registered Nurses to be
proactive members of interdisciplinary team of care givers who
ensure patients, and their families, receive individualized high
quality, safe patient care.
We are proud to be the only health system in Georgia with four
Magnet --recognized hospitals. We're looking for experienced and
passionate nurses who are ready to join a team that's redefining
quality nursing care and defining a new standard of care for
Day Shift: 7am - 7:30pm
- Capable clinician who has acquired broad experience in caring
for patients, and has developed a sound understanding about the
care of a particular patient population.
- Routinely uses acquired knowledge, theory, research and
experience to respond to changes in clinical situations.
- Is able to apply the Synergy Model for Care in practice, and
use this knowledge to personalize care for each
- Serves as a resource to colleagues and strong advocate for
- Consistently communicates effectively and respectfully with the
patient, the patient's family, and other members of the healthcare
- Delivers safe, dependable and effective care to a patient
population independently utilizing the nursing process.
- Demonstrates developed assessment skills.
- Recognizes the impact of nursing care on patient outcomes.
- Continues to recognize own performance limitations, but
requires minimal assistance.
- Documents the nursing process accurately and in the appropriate
format (e.g. computer, clinical pathway, chart).
- Plans and implements patient care independently.
- Utilizes patient/family input and goals in planning plan of
- Evaluates patient's response to planned care and adjusts plan
of care as appropriate.
- Identifies patient and family learning needs and makes
recommendations to resources regarding those needs.
- Incorporates AACN Synergy Model into clinical practice.
- Manages time effectively.
- Identifies the need to revise policies and procedures for a
patient population based on receipt/review of evidence-based
- Delegates appropriately utilizing the Synergy model of
- Recognizes the roles of the interdisciplinary team, patient and
family care partners and utilizes them appropriately as resources
in planning patient care.
- Functions in a developing leadership role.
- Functions as Charge Nurse when assigned.
- Orients staff or students as assigned in absence of designated
- Utilizes resources in a responsible manner with a focus on cost
- Demonstrates effective listening skills.
- Reduces barriers to facilitate communication.
- Utilizes effective conflict resolution skills.
- Individualizes care based upon the knowledge of the patient and
- Recognizes needs and advocates for patient based on knowledge
- Has awareness of one's own values and how they effect
interactions and relationships.
- Recognizes that cultural differences need to be considered in
developing patient and family relationships (focus on identifying
- Identifies and implements a course of action in non-routine
- May seek assistance to resolve complex issues.
- Respects and maintains confidential information.
- Accepts personal accountability for professional development
- Participates within the unit to identify and address discipline
specific issues and needs.
- Articulates application of Synergy model for care in clinical
- Collects, reports, analyzes and provides data on an ongoing
basis and as required by physician and/or interdisciplinary teams
in accordance with organization standards.
- Revises and evaluates effectiveness of patient care
- Uses interviews, surveys, focus groups and questionnaires to
identify and resolves areas for improvement.
- Meets all Clinical Nurse I Employee Commitments.
- Achieves points and contact hours as defined in the PLAN
(clinical lattice) point system to maintain position.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing 12 months of recent
nursing experience within the past five years.
- Must have a valid, active unencumbered Nursing license or
temporary permit approved by the Georgia Licensing Board.
- BLS certification required and ACLS may be required in
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: (Medium-Heavy) 36-75 lbs, 0-33% of the work
day (occasionally); 20-35 lbs, 34-66% of the workday; (frequently);
10-20 lbs, 67-100% of the workday (constantly); Lifting 75 lbs max;
Carrying of objects up to 35 lbs; Occasional to frequent standing &
walking; Occasional sitting; Close eye work (computers, typing,
reading, writing); Physical demands may vary depending on assigned
work area and work tasks.
ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS: Factors affecting environment conditions may
vary depending on the assigned work area and tasks. Environmental
exposures include, but are not limited to: Blood-borne pathogen
exposure; Bio-hazardous waste Chemicals/gases/fumes/vapors;
Communicable diseases; Electrical shock; Floor Surfaces; Hot/Cold
Temperatures; Indoor/Outdoor conditions; Latex; Lighting; Patient
care/handling injuries; Radiation; Shift work; Travel may be
required; Use of personal protective equipment, including
respirators; environmental conditions may vary depending on
assigned work area and work tasks.
Keywords: Emory, Atlanta , Registered Nurse, Intensive Care Unit, ICU RN, 7am-7:30pm, Healthcare , Lithonia, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!