New York Licensed Mental Health Professionals ( Remote )
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Counslr is hiring New York licensed mental health professionals
who are looking for meaningful, remote, part-time counseling
work.Company DescriptionCounslr is a digital counseling platform
providing text-based mental health support to students at partnered
colleges and universities as well as corporate client employees.
Our goal is to provide a means for our client base to prioritize
their mental health by making counseling more accessible to meet
the growing demand.Join Our TeamWe are hiring New York licensed
counselors who can deliver top-quality mental health counseling to
college students and corporate clients across New York State,
beginning in September, 2022.Job DescriptionWhile you're working,
you will be actively engaging in live counseling sessions with
college students and corporate employees across the state. You will
use our secure web portal to actively engage in text-based
counseling sessions from your own computer. These sessions should
function very much like face-to-face counseling sessions, but they
will take place entirely within a text-based chat.You will be able
to set your own hours and work from home. We are designing the
platform to complement your current work schedule, so that you can
work for a few hours in the morning, in the evening, on a weekend
or an off-day, or whenever else you have the time.Job
ResponsibilitiesAfter you are hired, you will participate in an
online orientation program in order to develop a thorough
understanding of our mission, approach, standards, and services, as
well as learn how to use the Counslr software. After that, your
primary responsibility will be to consistently engage in
high-quality counseling with students and/or corporate client
employees. You'll be expected to do all of the following:
- Be dependable. You will need to adhere to the schedule you set
- Record brief session notes in a standardized format (to be
- Be comfortable and familiar with appropriate steps for dealing
with an emergency situation.
- Refer students and clients to counseling centers or other
resources when appropriate.
- Communicate with supervisors regarding questions, concerns, and
- You should have at least a Master's degree in mental health
counseling, social work, therapy, psychology, or a related
- You also must have an independent, unrestricted license to
practice (LCSW, LICSW, LMHC, LMFC, etc.) in the State of New
- You should also have a current professional liability insurance
policy in the State of New York.Additional Requirements Include
- At least two years of clinical experience in a mental or
behavioral health care setting.
- Training and experience in treating a variety of mental health
- Familiarity with a variety of evidence-based treatment
- Excellent record-keeping skills, including maintaining clear,
concise session notes.
- Ability to handle multiple (up to 2-3) simultaneous
- Comfort working independently.
- Comfortable with utilizing technology-particularly text based
communication.Preferred QualificationsWe're looking to hire
counselors from diverse backgrounds, with particular specialties in
addressing a variety of mental and behavioral health issues. An
ideal candidate will fulfill some or all of the following
- Experience in treating adolescents and/or young adults.
- Experience in a campus counseling center or other
- Experience treating working professionals.
- Understanding of solutions-focused therapy.
- Familiarity with telemental health provision and its
nuances.Counslr celebrates diversity and works to hire an inclusive
array of qualified counselors without regard to race, color,
national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, sex, gender
identity, gender expression, pregnancy, physical or mental
disability, medical condition, veteran status, or any other basis
covered by appropriate federal, state, or local law.Employment
Type: Part TimeYears Experience: 1 - 3 yearsSalary: $15 - $30
Keywords: iHire, Atlanta , New York Licensed Mental Health Professionals ( Remote ), Healthcare , Atlanta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!