Registered Nurse, RUN Nurse, Post Acute Care, 7p-7:30am
Posted on: June 26, 2022
Fast paced free standing 50 bed Long Term Acute Care Hospital
(LTAC). Providing care to patients with respiratory, neurological,
orthopedic, cardiac, oncological and other critically unstable
patients. All patients require education and many require airway
management. This facility offers- wound management, HD
(Hemodialysis), PD (Peritoneal Dialysis), LVAD (Left Ventricular
Assist Device) to aid in reaching their optimal level of recovery.
They are Disease Specific Certified by the Joint Commission in
respiratory care, wound care, and acquired brain injury. Patients
require an interdisciplinary approach from physicians, nurses,
rehab, respiratory, wound care, and case management- all on site.
If critical care interests you, this would be a wonderful place to
- Average Daily Census: 40
- Average Length of Stay: 30 days
- Patient to Nurse Ratio: 1 to 5
- PCT Patient Ratio: 1 to 6
- Charge Nurse all shifts; including weekends
- House Supervisor on nights
- Clinical Educator available
- Onsite Radiology and Procedure Room
- MD on site
- Supportive leadership team
- The (RUN) Resource Utilization Nurse is primarily responsible
for supporting the critical care units of Emory Healthcare in
providing a consistent level of care by assisting with patients
leaving the ICU for diagnostic testing or procedures, assuming a
direct patient care assignment as needed while the primary nurse is
off unit with another patient, and assisting in response to Code
Mets and Code Blue.
- The RUN nurse may assist the emergency department in the
management of critical care patients awaiting inpatient bed
admission as well as EUHOP full capacity protocol as
- They will conduct monitoring on patients transferred out of the
Intensive Care Units to general units, and Code Met and Code Blue
- This position is recognized as a proficient, highly skilled
clinician who demonstrates acquired in depth knowledge about the
care of ICU patients.
- Care of the ICU patient during transport when other resource
options have been exhausted.
- Responding to code met and Code Blue serving as a resource to
support the patient during stabilization and transfer to an
- Rounding on ICU patients that have transferred out of the
Intensive care unit and patients who have been transferred to the
ICUs post Code Met or Code Blue within 24 hours to enhance
continuity of care, communication and customer service.
- Works with manager to formulate plan for professional
- Attends educational in-services as appropriate.
- Participates in professional activities and organizations to
maintain knowledge of current trends, practices, and
- Provide tracking, data collection and monitoring of metrics
used to measure the productivity and quality of care
- Support the back fill process in the intensive care unit while
primary RN is off unit for diagnostic procedures.
- Participating in full capacity protocol and support of the
Emergency room with ICU patients holding for admission as available
when not involved in patient transport or direct care
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Must have a valid, active unencumbered Nursing license or
temporary permit approved by the Georgia Licensing Board.
- 3 yrs critical care experience and ability to manage patients
in all specialties of Emory Critical Care.
- CCRN preferred. BLS, ACLS, and Healthcare Provider
Keywords: Emory, Atlanta , Registered Nurse, RUN Nurse, Post Acute Care, 7p-7:30am, Healthcare , Decatur, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!