NP or PA, Cardiothoracic Surgery, Emory Saint Joseph's Hospital
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Overview At Emory Healthcare, our mission is to create and
promote a culture that supports the growth and development of APPs
and in collaboration with the health care team, provide
high-quality value-based care to patients and the community.Our
vision is to be recognized as the leading office of Advanced
Practice differentiated by exemplary patient care, education,
research and quality evidence-based outcomes.Our Advanced Practice
Providers, such as Nurse Practitioners, Physician Assistants,
Certified Midwives, Certified Nurse Anesthetist and Anesthesia
Anesthetists are an integral part of the Emory Healthcare
integrated academic health care system committed to caring,
excellence, integrity and value.Some highlights of joining the
Emory Healthcare team:
- Emory University Hospital named Top 100 Global Hospital*
- An 11-hospital system with 254 outpatient locations and close
to 1000 APPs
- Rewarded with highly competitive incentive and benefit
- A strong multidisciplinary collaborative health care team that
values shared decision making
- Academic health care setting that partners closely with Emory
School of Medicine and School of Nursing
- Represented by a culture of APPs involved in APP and system
leadership, research, education and mentorship Description JOB
- Assists in the evaluation and treatment of patients.
- Documents the delivery of care in the individual's medical
- Conducts patient interviews and documents patient histories,
psychosocial histories, health status and medical problems or
- Under the direction of a physician, performs physical
examinations and specialized diagnostic and/or therapeutic
procedures including cast application and removal, wound suturing
and dressing changes.
- Assists physician in diagnosing medical problems, developing
care plans, and prescribing treatment.
- Orders, schedules and/or performs laboratory tests and
diagnostic procedures such as urinalyses, pregnancy and blood
tests, and x-rays.
- Communicates necessity, preparation, nature and anticipated
effects of scheduled procedures to patient.
- In collaboration with physician, arranges for consultations
with or referrals to other medical professional or community
- Educates patient on health habits, self-examinations, behavior
management, need for follow-up assessments/treatments, at home
medical care, medication and other issues related to medical or
- Works with manager to formulate plan for professional
- Attends educational in-services as appropriate.
- Participates in professional activities and organizations to
maintain knowledge of current trends, practices, and
- Maintains and updates current, accurate patient records
including medical assessment, interventions, and evaluations.
- Collects and interprets diagnostic data to implement
appropriate care patient care plans.
- Prepares statistical reports and analyses of research projects
and investigational protocols; reports on progress, adverse trends
and appropriate conclusions and recommendations.
- Trains and teaches other health care professionals including
students and residents in techniques and procedures unique to
- Actively participates on organizational health services
- Performs related responsibilities as required. MINIMUM
- Completion of an accredited Nurse Practitioner program or
Physician Assistant program.
- Currently licensed as an advanced practice nurse in the state
of Georgia by the Georgia Board of Nursing and certified as a Nurse
Practitioner by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) or
equivalent body, or Certified as a Physician's Assistant by the
National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants
- Licensed as appropriate in the state of Georgia.
- May require at least one year of direct experience in one or
more high acuity clinical specialties.
- BLS and Healthcare Provider certifications required. ACLS may
be required in some areas. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS (Medium): 20-50
lbs; 0-33% of the work day (occasionally); 11-25 lbs, 34-66% of the
workday (frequently); 01-10 lbs, 67-100% of the workday
(constantly); Lifting 50 lbs max; Carrying of objects up to 25 lbs;
Occasional to frequent standing & walking, Occasional sitting,
Close eye work (computers, typing, reading, writing), Physical
demands may vary depending on assigned work area and work tasks.
- Factors affecting environment conditions may vary depending on
the assigned work area and tasks.
- Environmental exposures include, but are not limited to:
Blood-borne pathogen exposure Bio-hazardous waste
Chemicals/gases/fumes/vapors Communicable diseases Electrical shock
, Floor Surfaces, Hot/Cold Temperatures, Indoor/Outdoor conditions,
Latex, Lighting, Patient care/handling injuries, Radiation , Shift
work, Travel may be required.
- Use of personal protective equipment, including respirators,
environmental conditions may vary depending on assigned work area
and work tasks. Additional Details 2+ years of APP experience
requiredNurse Practitioner candidates must have Acute Care
certification (ACNP or AGACNP) for inpatient APP roles.
Keywords: Emory, Atlanta , NP or PA, Cardiothoracic Surgery, Emory Saint Joseph's Hospital, Healthcare , Atlanta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!