Dialysis Nurse- In Center
Company: Dialysis Care Center
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Dialysis Nurse- In Center
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Supports the mission, core values and customer service of Home
Dialysis Services & Dialysis Care Center, LLC (HDS/DCC).
Adheres to the HDS/DCC Policies and Procedures and Compliance
Program including all state and federal regulatory
The In Center Hemodialysis Registered Nurse is responsible for
providing and coordinating exceptional care for our Hemodialysis
patients in the assigned In Center(s).
PRIMARY DUTIES / ACTIVITIES:
- Supervises, mentors the Patient Care Technicians (PCTs) and
directs the day-to-day patient care.
- Reviews new staff's documentation for accuracy.
- Supervises and performs direct patient care including but
limited to taking and monitoring vital signs, pre-evaluation,
initiation, monitoring, termination, access homeostasis, and post
evaluation of dialysis
- Responsible for documentation, physical nursing assessment of
patients, administering dialysis Medications, transcribing
physician orders assessing dialysis adequacy, drive catheter
- Assist with patient scheduling.
- Monitoring and reviewing lab results, ordering and following up
of labs through Ascend, ensures correct lab tubes are utilized for
prescribed lab samples, ensure that all labs are packaged for
- Reports alert/panic and abnormal lab results to physician.
- Communicates all emergencies, patient life-threatening
complications, and related situations to the attention of the
medical director, physician, and Clinic Manager. Maintains
competency with all emergency operational procedures. Ensures
verification and availability of adequate emergency equipment.
- Assesses patients' response to hemodialysis treatment therapy,
making appropriate adjustments and modifications to the treatment
plan as prescribed by physician, assessing target weights.
- Ensures compliance with safety and infection preventative
measures, performing safety and infection audits on a routine
- Ensuring patient safety and monitoring adverse Event
- Educates patients and Family members on all aspects of End
Stage Renal Disease.
- Collaborates with other disciplines to ensure patient outcomes
are being met, instructs patients on pre and post dialysis
- Provides ongoing continuous education to patients regarding
their renal disease, vascular access and dialysis therapy, fluid
management, dietary modifications, medication compliance, discuss
modality awareness and transplant awareness.
- Participates in all required staff meetings.
- Participation in care conferences and in QAPI.
- Other duties, as assigned.CUSTOMER SERVICE:
- Responsible for supporting the values and customer service
standards of HDS/DCC.
- Accountable for outstanding customer service to all staff,
clients and vendors
- Develops and maintains effective relationships through
effective and timely communication.
- Initiates action to respond, resolve and follow up regarding
customer service issues with all customers in a timely
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing, RN or BSN
- Current state licensure as a RN
- Current CPR Certification EXPERIENCE:
- Must be PC proficient and able to thrive in a fast-paced
setting; experience in Microsoft Office Suite: Outlook, Word and
Excel a must
- Good presentation & communication skills - Must be productive &
resourceful with the ability to meet deadlinesOTHER QUALIFICATIONS:
- A minimum of 6 months hemodialysis experience preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described
are representative of those an employee encounters while performing
the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
Day to day work includes desk and personal computer work and
interaction with prospective and current clients. The position
requires travel between assigned facilities and various locations.
Travel to scheduled staff meetings may be required.
The work environment is characteristic of a health care facility
with air temperature control and moderate noise levels. The work
environment is also characteristic of a dialysis center or a
patient's home and as such the employee may be exposed to
infectious and contagious diseases/ materials.
Must be able to lift 30 pounds as needed.
The duties listed in this job description are intended only as
illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed.
The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them
from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical
assignment to the position.
Keywords: Dialysis Care Center, Atlanta , Dialysis Nurse- In Center, Healthcare , Atlanta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!