Registered Nurse (RN) - Rehab Physiatry clinic
Company: Children's Healthcare of Atlanta
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Work Schedule/Days: Day/Monday - Friday
Employment Type: Full-Time
Location: Center for Advanced Pediatrics
Requisition #: 91999JOB SUMMARYPerforms nursing process while
providing direct patient care in a safe and effective manner that
promotes quality patient outcomes. Functions as member of
interdisciplinary healthcare team.EDUCATION
- Graduation from accredited school of nursingCERTIFICATION
- Licensure as a Registered Nurse in the single State of Georgia
or Multi-State through the Enhanced Nurse Licensure Compact
- Basic Life Support (BLS) within 30 days of employment
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) or Pediatric Emergency
Assessment Recognition and Stabilization (PEARS) withinone year of
employment as required by departmentEXPERIENCE*
- No minimum experience requiredPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS*
- Bachelor of Science in nursing
- Oneyear of experienceKNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES*
- No minimally required knowledge, skills, or abilitiesJOB
RESPONSIBILITIES*PRACTICE (Caring for the Patient)
- Cultivates and maintains effective interaction/communication
with medical staff, nursing staff, social workers, and others to
drive the care coordination process and facilitate continuity of
- Communicates with all members of the multidisciplinary team to
facilitate the care coordination process for specialty.
- Communicates with home health agencies, third-party payor, and
other community resources as needed to coordinate needs.
- Facilitates and provides ongoing communication with
patient/family, interdisciplinary staff and third parties (home
health, third party payers, pharmacies, and other resources) to
identify and resolve potential barriers.
- Facilitates clinical practice guidelines at the patient
- Performs outpatient and clinic care coordination and monitors
patients' care between clinic and home.
- Facilitates care via telehealth to assist with patient needs
- Refers cases identified as risk management issues, peer review
issues, or quality issues to appropriate personnel.DEVELOPMENT
(Fostering Clinical Knowledge)
- Participates in lifelong learning to maintain knowledge and
competence that reflects current nursing practice.
- Incorporates new knowledge into nursing practice to support
- Maintains professional records that provide evidence of
competence and learning.
- Self-evaluates professional practice in relation to
performance, development, resiliency, and goals.
- Takes action to achieve goals identified during performance
review, resulting in change in practice and role
performance.ENGAGEMENT (Engaging and Leading Professionally)
- Provides oversight for nursing care given by unlicensed
personnel while retaining accountability for patient care
- Engages in ethical practices utilizing principles from The Code
of Ethics for Nurses.
- Maintains therapeutic and professional relationships with
appropriate role boundaries.
- Contributes to a supportive and healthy work environment.
- Consults, contributes to, and coordinates care with
interdisciplinary healthcare team members.
- Demonstrates investment in others through
- Demonstrates support of shared leadership through awareness of
initiatives and providing input.OUTCOMES (Driving Excellent
- Integrates evidence and research findings into clinical
judgement and nursing practice.
- Participates in monitoring activities within work environment
to maintain a culture of safety.
- Identifies and communicates hazards and errors.
- Participates in quality and process improvement activities to
improve patient outcomes and workflow.
- Ensures equipment is in working order to provide safe patient
- Demonstrates commitment and flexibility through times of
change.PROFESSIONAL MANDATORY REQUIREMENTS
- Completes orientation and initial assessment of competency
successfully by determined due date.
- Completes mandatory education and annual competency assessment
requirements as defined by unit and system by due date.
- Achieves 75% attendance at staff meetings if applicable.SYSTEM
RESPONSIBILITIES*Safety: Practices proper safety techniques in
accordance with hospital and departmental policies and procedures.
Responsible for the reporting of employee/patient/visitor injuries
or accidents, or other safety issues to the supervisor and in the
occurrence notification system.Compliance: Monitors and ensures
compliance with all regulatory requirements, organizational
standards, and policies and procedures related to area of
responsibility. Identifies potential risk areas within area of
responsibility and supports problem resolution process. Maintains
records of compliance activities and reports compliance activities
to the Compliance Office.The above statements are intended to
describe the general nature and level of work performed by people
assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be an
exhaustive list of all job duties performed by the personnel so
classified.PHYSICAL DEMANDS*Ability to lift up to 40 lbs
independently and greater than 40 lbs with
assistanceBending/Stooping - Occasionally (activity or condition
exists up to 1/3 of time)Climbing - Occasionally (activity or
condition exists up to 1/3 of time)Hearing/Speaking - Effective
communication with employees, supervisors/managers and staff.
Effective communications with patients and visitors, as
required.Lifting - Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to
1/3 of time)Pushing/Pulling - Occasionally (activity or condition
exists up to 1/3 of time)Sitting - Occasionally (activity or
condition exists up to 1/3 of time)Standing - Frequently (activity
or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of time)Walking - Frequently
(activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of time)WORKING
CONDITIONS*Definite potential for exposure to blood and body
fluidsAbout Us:Childrens Healthcare of Atlanta has been 100 percent
committed to kids for more than 100 years. A not-for-profit
organization, Childrens is dedicated to making kids better today
and healthier tomorrow.With 3 hospitals, 20neighborhood locations
and a total of 673beds, Childrens is the largest healthcare
provider for children in Georgia and one of the largest pediatric
clinical care providers in the country. Childrens offers access to
more than 60 pediatric specialties and programs and is ranked among
the top childrens hospitals in the country by U.S. News & World
Report.Childrens has been recognized as a Fortune 100 Best Place to
Work, a Best Place for Working Mothers, and as a top employer for
diversity and millennials. We offer a comprehensive compensation
and benefit package that supports our mission, vision and values.
We are proud to offer an array of programs and services to our
employees that have distinguished us as a best place to work in the
country. Connect to our mission of making kids better today and
healthier tomorrow.Have questions about the recruitment process?
Check out .Address: 1400 Tullie Circle, Atlanta, GA 30329
Function: Nursing - Nursing-Bedside
Keywords: Children's Healthcare of Atlanta, Atlanta , Registered Nurse (RN) - Rehab Physiatry clinic, Healthcare , Atlanta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!