Director of Nursing
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Sign-On Bonus $7500
PruittHealth is a COVID-19 vaccine-mandated employer. All new
Partners are required to provide proof of COVID vaccination or be
willing to get vaccinated within 30 days of employment. We will
consider medical and/or religious exemptions on a case-by-case
Plans, organizes, develops and directs the overall operation of our
Nursing Services Department in accordance with current federal,
state, and local regulations governing our nursing center, and as
may be directed by the Administrator and the Medical Director, to
provide appropriate care.
1. - - - Operation of oxygen equipment including turning off and
on, changing cylinder heads, cleaning/replacing humidifier, and
others as necessary.
2. - - - Operation of suction machine (oral) including cleaning,
selection of appropriates suction catheter, and storage.
3. - - - Operation and use of manual respirator.
4. - - - Location and use of emergency equipment supplies (box
and/or crash cart etc.)
5. - - - Operation of whirlpool.
6. - - - Operation of scales.
7. - - - Operation of glucose monitoring devices, calibration, and
8. - - - Use of electronic thermometers (oral/rectal and ear)
9. - - - Delivery of medications (setting up, rotating, charting,
ordering, giving to patient etc.)
10. - Ordering and use of stock drugs.
11. - Administration and documentation of insulin.
12. - Use and delivery of PRN medications.
13. - Use and delivery of topical treatment application (eye, ear,
14. - Use delivery and documentation of narcotic medication.
15. - Knowledge of procedures for receiving drugs from
16. - Application of sterile dressings.
17. - Operation and proper use of pressure reduction surfaces.
18. - Use of oral airway
19. - Knowledge of isolation procedures (when to implement
20. - Knowledge of location and proper use of personal protective
equipment (gloves, masks, gowns and aprons etc.)
21. - Delivery of enemas (S & S, and fleets)
22. - Insertion, irrigation and routine care of male/female
23. - Delivery of tube feedings (insertion, flushing, proper
24. - Knowledge of procedures and ability to determine Advance
Directive status for patients.
25. - Collection of lab specimens and interpreting results.
26. - IV implementation and administration.
27. - Seizure precautions and administration of IV medication
during a seizure.
28. - Knowledge of admission discharge and transfer procedures.
29. - Documentation and billing of supplies used.
30. - Knowledge of procedures for sending a patient to the
31. - Knowledge of procedures to follow if unable to reach
32. - Monitor physician services (documentation and visits etc.) in
accordance with current regulations.
33. - Maintain effective lines of communication with attending
34. - Maintain knowledge of documentation procedures including
appropriate use of forms, timelines, and Medicare documentation
35. - Maintain a working knowledge of current licensure standards
and the survey process.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
Nursing Degree from an accredited college or university, or is a
graduate of an accredited/approved RN program
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
A minimum, two (2) years' experience in a supervisory capacity in a
hospital or long-term care facility. - Possess education, training,
and/or experience in one of the following: rehabilitative nursing,
geriatric nursing and/or psychosocial nursing.
MINIMUM LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED BY LAW:
Current and unrestricted Registered Nurse (RN) licensure in state
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS: (Preferred qualifications)
Training experience in rehabilitative and restorative nursing
Primary Location: Georgia-Decatur
Shift: 1st Shift
Job Posting: Jan 5, 2022, 12:42:56 PM
Keywords: PruittHealth, Atlanta , Director of Nursing, Healthcare , Decatur, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!