Medical Accounts Receivable Representative
Company: Focus of Georgia, Inc.
Posted on: November 22, 2021
A medical business office near Perimeter Mall needs an
experienced-- AR Specialist for an onsite position.
Schedule: Monday-Friday, 8: 00-4: 30.--
Pay Rate: $20 per hour
- Reading and interpreting insurance EOB and COB.
- Check insurance payments for accuracy and compliance with
- Call insurance companies regarding any discrepancy in payments
- Enter information necessary for insurance claims such as
patient, insurance ID, diagnosis and treatment codes and modifiers,
and provider information. Ensure claim information is complete and
- Submit clean insurance claims to clearinghouse or individual
insurance companies electronically or via paper CMS-1500 form.
- Follow up with insurance company on unpaid or rejected claims.
Resolve issue and re-submit claims.
- Prepare appeal letters to insurance carrier when not in
agreement with claim denial. Collect necessary information to
- Post insurance and patient payments using medical claim billing
- For patients with coverage by more than one insurer, prepare
and submit secondary claims upon processing by primary insurer.
Respond to inquiries from insurance companies, patients and
- Follows HIPAA guidelines in handling patient information.
- Verify patient benefits eligibility and coverage.
- Assist the Customer Service team in taking patient phone
- Experience with EPIC-- or Eclinical-- preferred
- Knowledge of insurance guidelines for different states
including Medicare, state Medicaid and workers comp.
- Ability to look up ICD diagnosis and CPT treatment codes from
online service or using traditional coding references.
- Excellent communication, time management, organizational
skills, and be comfortable communicating via phone.
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible, work collaboratively among
internal and external departments, as applicable to identify and
help resolve -- enterprise-wide challenges
- Demonstrated ability to accurately type 30 wpm
- Demonstrated service and success in teamwork and consistent
high productivity and quality
- Requires minimum of 3-- years experience in medical accounts
receivables and revenue cycle.
Keywords: Focus of Georgia, Inc., Atlanta , Medical Accounts Receivable Representative, Healthcare , Atlanta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!