Manager, Clinical Nutrition
Posted on: March 28, 2020
At Emory Healthcare, we integrate science and caring to change the
face of health care. Our team members are courageous individuals
who are willing to challenge the status quo and help find solutions
to complex problems. We're empowered to influence change for, and
with, our patients, their families, the community and each
As one of the leading academic medical systems, we're eager to
share what we learn with hospitals around the country, and the
world. We've got the backing, knowledge, experience and permission
to lead the way in developing new and better approaches to
preventing and treating disease, and our patients get treatments
years before anyone else.
We're defining a new standard of care for humankind. Are YOU ready
to join us?
- Manages clinical nutrition services for a facility, which may
include its affiliates, as appropriate.
- Evaluates nutrition care programs and services; revises or
makes recommendations for new programs and services/standards to
assure all programs and services reflect the most recent
evidence-based practice; organizes to implement, as approved.
- Regularly assumes responsibility for providing nutrition care
for a subset of patients in accordance with the expectations for a
clinical dietitian III (see below).
- Assesses, develops, implements and evaluates nutrition care
plan for patients using the Nutrition Care Process, while
demonstrating advanced practice competency.
- Medical Nutrition Therapy is performed and documented in
compliance with regulatory and hospital protocols; Assures
continuity of care through effective decision-making resulting in
quality patient care.
- Effectively applies or participates in evidence-based research
to enhance practice; participates in medical rounds, discharge
planning and patient care conferences, as appropriate, for the
clinical coverage area.
- Coordinates and participates in Quality Improvement activities;
Collaborates with FNS and other members of the healthcare team to
provide efficient, quality patient care.
- Utilizes effective time management to organize workload,
prioritize and accomplish tasks. Interviews, hires and evaluates
the performance of clinical dietetics staff; resolves employee
issues; performs the disciplinary process, where appropriate.
Assures performance reviews and employee commitments are completed
- Orients and trains new staff; assesses the need and facilitates
an ongoing development plan for clinical nutrition staff.
- Assures completion of initial and annual competency
evaluations; Monitors work flow and coordinates adjustments, as
- Organizes to assure policies/procedures for the responsibility
area are updated at least annually and reflect evidence-based
practice, where appropriate.
- Organizes to obtain approval for practice standards where
required by policy; collaborates with other clinical nutrition
managers in the system to assure continuity and consistency in
policies and standards.
- Collaborates with food service leadership and others to monitor
acceptance of patient menus and related meal service systems, plan
and implement revisions as needed to assure the highest quality of
patient care and satisfaction.
- May work with food service leadership to facilitate the
implementation of healthy menu items and provide nutrition related
information in retail and other areas of food service.
- Assists with the development and administration of the
department budget as it relates to revenue and expenses to support
the responsibility area; monitors the income statement, position
control reports and related reports to assure budgetary goals are
achieved; coordinates to assure accuracy of the information.
- Reporting /Data Management: Assures maintenance of requisite
data and submits reports in a timely manner, as required; Assists
with the development and maintenance of departmental information
systems. Manages the design, evaluation and utilization of patient
education materials that contain up-to-date information consistent
with the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (AND) guidelines and
evidence- based practice; Utilizes computers and various software
programs, as applicable.
- Initiate development of Commission on Dietetic Registration
(CDR) portfolio to reflect professional and career goals.
- Maintain licensure and registration by participating in
continuing education activities.
- Attend nutrition seminars and teleconferences within the system
and at the local level.
- May participate in local, state and national dietetics
organizations' activities and events.
- Complete annual compliance units on time.
- Seek guidance and expertise from peers and appropriate medical
personnel in order to expand professional knowledge for application
of Medical Nutrition Therapy.
- Master's degree in Food and Nutrition, Dietetics, or Related
- Completion of an Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (AND)
approved dietetic internship program.
- Minimum of four years of experience in a clinical setting; five
or more years preferred.
- Registered with the Commission on Dietetic Registration
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS (Medium): 20-50 lbs; 0-33% of the work day
(occasionally); 11-25 lbs, 34-66% of the workday (frequently);
01-10 lbs, 67-100% of the workday (constantly); Lifting 50 lbs max;
Carrying of objects up to 25 lbs; Occasional to frequent standing &
walking, Occasional sitting, Close eye work (computers, typing,
reading, writing), Physical demands may vary depending on assigned
work area and work tasks.
ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS: Factors affecting environment conditions may
vary depending on the assigned work area and tasks. Environmental
exposures include, but are not limited to: Blood-borne pathogen
exposure Bio-hazardous waste Chemicals/gases/fumes/vapors
Communicable diseases Electrical shock, Floor Surfaces, Hot/Cold
Temperatures, Indoor/Outdoor conditions, Latex, Lighting, Patient
care/handling injuries, Radiation, Shift work, Travel may be
required. Use of personal protective equipment, including
respirators, environmental conditions may vary depending on
assigned work area and work tasks.
Keywords: Emory, Atlanta , Manager, Clinical Nutrition, Healthcare , Atlanta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!