Company: Cartersville Medical Center
Posted on: November 13, 2019
Description SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Cartersville Medical CenterLaboratory ManagerFull-Time--Are you
looking for a company that places integrity over their bottom line?
Here at HCA, our everyday decisions are founded on compassion.
Apply today and join a team that is dedicated to serving others in
About our hospital:Cartersville Medical Center is a 119-bed acute
care hospital, Chest Pain Center, Certified Primary Stroke Center,
Level III Trauma Center, Certified Total Joint program and Gold
Seal Inpatient Diabetes program facility accredited by the Joint
Commission. The Breast Imaging Center at The Women's Center
provides mammography services that are gold seal accredited by the
American College of Radiology. The Advanced Wound Healing Center
provides specialized treatment for chronic or non-healing wounds.
The Hope Center, a regional, Commission on Cancer approved cancer
treatment facility, is conveniently located on the hospital campus
and provides over 4,000 treatments with over 300 new patients per
year from a ten county region.We are seeking a Laboratory Manager
for our center to ensure that we continue to provide all patients
with high quality, efficient care. We are an amazing team that
works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal
addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do.
We want you to apply now!Our Benefits:
- We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including
competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth
opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do
excellent work with us.
- Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending,
life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program,
employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment.
- We would love to talk to you about this fantastic
- Must smile and make eye contact.
- Responsible for direct supervision of the performance of work
in all areas of the clinical laboratory and manages day to day
department operations in the absence of the Laboratory
- Under the direction of the Laboratory Director, participates in
Performance Improvement activities to assure continuous Quality
Improvement, monitors and maintains appropriate laboratory Quality
control and quality assurance data.
- Maintains current clinical laboratory technical/functional
- Completes work schedules, evaluation of associates--- work
performance and recommendation for personnel actions.
- Monitors and evaluates department proficiency testing program.
Maintains department in continual compliance with all state, OSHA,
CLIA, TJC, and CAP standards.--
- Has working knowledge of CAP, CLIA and TJC standards.
- Troubleshoots instrument issues as needed.-- S
- Serves as primary educator for the department.
- Maintains established department policies and procedures and
creates new ones as needed.
- Spends at least 25% of time supporting laboratory departments
as a bench technologist/phlebotomist.
- Maintains good relations with patients, medical staff,
laboratory peers, other hospital departments and facilities that
utilize our services.--
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Laboratory
- Assists with monitoring productivity and financial
- Works various shifts as needed, including weekends.
- Collects specimens as needed.--We are an equal opportunity
employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate
on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender,
sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or
disability status.Qualifications POSITION QUALIFICATIONS
--Education & Experience
- Bachelors degree or higher required.
- 2+ years of previous supervisory or management experience is
- Exceptional customer service skills requiredCertification
- Certified by an accredited agency as a Medical Technologist,
Medical Laboratory Scientist or Clinical Lab Scientist.--
- Any of these certification (ASCP, ABB, AMT) RequiredNotice Our
Company---s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility
within your career and we take your candidate experience very
seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee
will request financial or personal information (Social Security
Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email.
The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like
Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or
job-related email, let us know by clicking--here.For questions
about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers
at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
HCA Healthcare is a collaborative healthcare network, driven by
physicians, nurses and colleagues helping each other champion the
practice of medicine to give people a healthier tomorrow. With a
comprehensive network of more than 270,000 people across
approximately 1,800 care facilities, our scale enables us to
deliver great outcomes for our patients, provide superior nursing
care and be a preferred place for physicians to practice medicine.
We never stop in our pursuit of insights and care advances based on
the knowledge and data we gain from approximately 30 million
patient encounters a year. Every day, we raise the bar to improve
the way healthcare is delivered, not just in our facilities, but
everywhere. We---re committed to improving more lives in more ways,
and above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of
Keywords: Cartersville Medical Center, Atlanta , Laboratory Manager, Executive , Marietta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!