Director of Health and Safety
Company: Geosyntec Consultants
Posted on: November 11, 2019
Geosyntec prides its self in hiring the most highly qualified
professionals who have a diverse skillset, an advance innovative
mindset, and can effectively develop forward-thinking ideas. Ranked
by ENR in the top 20 design firms for the environment, Geosyntec is
internationally known for its technical leadership, broad
experience, and exceptional client service, our clients ask us to
address their new ventures and most challenging problems involving
the environment, natural resources, and civil infrastructure.
Geosyntec is currently seeking a Health & Safety Director to help
us grow our already established Health and Safety Practice. This
person will have an entrepreneurial attitude, be enthusiastic, and
support the health and safety initiatives enterprise wide. This
position will manage the creation and implementation of new
strategies by providing strategic solutions to our business and
clients most complex problems.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
Collaboration and mentoring are cornerstones of our culture. You
should expect to work closely with experienced professionals who
will help integrate you into our safety culture.
* Review, revise, and update the current H&S Procedures;
* Write / develop new procedures to identify and minimize risk as
the firm grows in the number, type and complexity of projects;
* Review and develop site-specific Health and Safety Plans (HASP)
and planning documents for "high-risk" projects and regulatory
* Develop, update, and deliver training programs required per U.S.,
Canadian, and International regulations (i.e., UK, Ireland,
Australia), including but not limited to, OSHA/HAZWOPER courses,
annual refresher and supervisor training, PPE, Confined Spaces,
Competent Person, Construction Safety classes, MSHA modules,
* Oversee and develop H&S Program protocols, practices, and
procedures and deliver clear, concise, and articulate training
programs to staff and management at both offices and project
* Conduct H&S audits at an Enterprise Wide level as well as
oversee H&S at project and office sites;
* Based on findings and recommendations, communicate findings with
action items and metrics scoring as Geosyntec grows its behavioral
based safety program;
* Mentor Health and Safety Coordinators (HSCs) Company-wide and
work directly with engineering and environmental operations
personnel on project-specific safety aspects;
* Review incidents / injuries and develop root cause / trend
analysis data for communication and discussion with Geosyntec staff
and senior management; and
* Develop and implement initiatives (e.g., revised Medical
Surveillance / Training Programs, H&S Webpage, HASP Template,
Task Hazard Analysis, components of the behavior-based safety
* Bachelor's degree in the Health Sciences, Industrial Hygiene,
Chemistry, Biology, Toxicology, Engineering or related discipline
* Master's degree in Industrial Hygiene, Safety Management, Public
Health, etc. preferred.
* 20+ years of H&S management experience, with technical /
regulatory H&S experience in HAZWOPER, construction /
Industrial Hygiene, Safety, and Oil/Gas required with 10+ of these
years as a Senior H&S Manager with significant responsibility
* Experience with a H&S Program for an Environmental Consulting
* Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) and/or Certified Safety
Professional (CSP) required.
* Experience with workers' compensation programs, medical
surveillance programs, and insurance brokers required.
* Active in EHS professional organizations, conferences, training
and outreach preferred.
* Experience in H&S requirements / practices/regulations in the
petroleum / mining sectors preferred.
* Experience in conducting compliance audits, developing EHS
management systems (ISO), HS audits/ inspections in industrial and
construction sectors, and supporting environmental permitting for a
variety of clients preferred. Knowledge of H&S regulations to
include US and International entities required.
* Valid driver's license and a satisfactory driving record
WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO BE SUCCESSFUL AT GEOSYNTEC?
Geosyntec strives to hire and retain the best and brightest people
in their fields. We look for hard working individuals with
exceptional interpersonal skills, communication skills, and
problem-solving abilities, plus the passion for technical
excellence and quality. We seek individuals with leadership
potential, a commitment to lifelong learning and growth, and the
desire to build a long and rewarding career with a growing
WHY CHOOSE GEOSYNTEC?
Geosyntec is a great place to build a career. If you're looking for
an exciting place to work, a place with challenging and rewarding
projects, and a place that has been nationally recognized for its
employees' quality of life, technical expertise, and business
success, then Geosyntec may be the place for you. You can learn
more about careers and employment at Geosyntec by visiting
We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive benefits
package. Learn more by visiting
REQ NO: DIREC02093
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c).
Keywords: Geosyntec Consultants, Atlanta , Director of Health and Safety, Executive , Kennesaw, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!