Data Center Operations Manager
Company: QTS Data Centers
Posted on: August 17, 2019
The Data Center Manager is accountable for the overall operation of
the Data Center including budget, project assignment, daily
workflow generated by customer incidents, completion of customer
projects, and the QTS ticketing system. This includes assisting
customers on the Data Center floor both in person and via the
telephone, performing customer equipment installs, managing tickets
within the define ticketing system, communicating and escalating
alerts and customer requests to systems engineers for resolution,
and completing tasks pertaining to computer hardware, software or
operation systems. This role is also responsible for management
responsibilities including on-the-job training, mentoring,
development, and assisting with staffing job assignments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES, other duties may be
- Facilitate Data Center space and cable plant design,
implementation and maintenance.
- Maintenance contracts as related to your site.
- Ensure all Incidents are worked and resolved in a timely
- Provide updates to relevant internal QTS groups on
installations, work orders or incident status.
- Interface with Service Account Managers and Sales Engineers on
new customer implementations or changes and delegate as
- Collaborate with QTS teams to ensure Flawless implementation of
products and services.
- Ensure Data Center is maintained at all time based on set
- Work with other DCO Managers and Supervisors to set standards
and to look for ways to improve.
- Train and Educate staff members on QTS Policies, SOPs and WI to
ensure these protocols are followed.
- Review all DCO documentation for accuracy and timely
- Escalate and resolve customer-related issues and complete
"After Action" reports in a timely manner.
- Keep facility management abreast of any outage issues or
customer affecting situations.
- Provide monthly reports, metrics and budget updates as
- Assign staff appropriately for proper coverage of the Data
- Supervises, trains, develops and coaches employees.
- Works with direct reports to establish performance goals,
monitors progress, and advises on ways to enhance their
professional development and success.
Position may require 24x7x365 on-call responsibilities.
- Technical college degree or equivalent experience
- Six or more years of experience working in a Data Center, NOC
or similar environment
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite
- Completion of QTS Management 101 and 102, Asset Management,
Conversant Training and Dale Carnegie Management training
- Server+, Network+
- Two or more additional certifications such as Microsoft
Certifications, OEM Certifications, BICSI Installer I & II, CCENT,
- CDCDP, RCDD, CAPM, CCNA, Security+, Storage (NetBackup or EMC),
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- The ability to pass job-related skills assessments based on
pre-determined scoring criteria and time frames
- The ability to acquire and apply job-related knowledge within
set guidelines and expectations
- Ability to manage complex situations during off management
hours - single point of contact
- Position may involve frequent typing, standing, walking,
pushing, pulling, bending, reaching and lifting. Lifting
requirements may range from
Keywords: QTS Data Centers, Atlanta , Data Center Operations Manager, Executive , Atlanta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!