Senior Product Manager
Posted on: July 15, 2019
What you'll be doing...
Verizon Connect is guiding a connected world on the go by
automating, optimizing and revolutionizing the way people, vehicles
and things move through the world. Our full suite of
industry-defining solutions and services put innovation, automation
and connected data to work for customers and help them be safer,
more efficient and more productive. As a SaaS leader, we know our
talent is the most important component to our success. We hire top
talent and empower them to do their best work. As a fast growing
division within Verizon, we combine the fun and excitement of a
start-up environment with the resources, operational excellence,
and brand recognition of an established tech giant. This is a
highly visible role within the hardware product team and will
require you to bring a love for complex IOT systems, highly
technical information, and leadership capabilities to clearly
define the next generation of devices using the best from Verizon.
You will lead and influence your cross-functional teams and
stakeholders to chart a new path for our intelligent devices
Define Long Term Product Strategy
- Work with senior management, internal stakeholders and
customers to create product plans and roadmaps. Work with
cross-functional team to develop threeto five year business
- Complete competitive & market segment analysis identify product
- Define, create and manage multiple levels of product
- Able to create financial models to assess the viability of
various business models.
- Partner with UX teams to create compelling experience
- Participate and lead user experience interviews and testing to
gather continuous customer insights
- Make creative recommendations to expand the product base &
Find Product-Market Fit
- Use lean approaches to experiment quickly with an aim to find
- Employ design thinking approaches to identify & solve truly
valuable customer problems.
- Synthesize customer insights from quantitative and qualitative
- Define product requirements - writing and prioritizing use
cases & happy path scenarios.
- Incorporate feedback and input from customers, partners and
in-house teams on product strategy and finding ways to expand
product market reach.
- Manage Product Execution & Assess Market performance.
- Manage product development lifecycle, prioritize feature
development, create execution plans and identify development teams
to execute the roadmap.
- Ensure products and releases are launched correctly and on
schedule. Gather customer feedback, run advisory session and
measure/manage NPS post launch.
- Partner with marketing, sales, and operations on defining &
flawless execution of GTM plans.
- Quickly root cause product issues and manage customer/ exec
- Synthesize your own analysis and succinct recommendation for a
- Be able to operate in a highly matrixed, globally distributed
- Manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced and changing
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience managing or architecting hardware systems, IoT /
- Experience managing products across the lifecycle -
- Willingness to travel.
Even better if you have:
- Engineering degree in Industrial Systems or related field.
- MBA degree.
- Ten or more years of experience in product development or
- Experience operating in an agile & lean product development
environment, comfortable interacting with both hardware and
software development processes.
- Experience in managing and building consumer electronics
hardware or devices.
- Curiosity, logic and strong in analytics: you know how to ask
the right questions and get meaningful data.
- Self-directed and collaborative & cultivate relationships with
cross-functional teams & partners.
- Experience in qualitative user research & design thinking
- Clearly & effectively communicate the roadmaps, product plans,
and availability to internal stakeholder teams to ensure alignment
and cross-group readiness.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people,
transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with
each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable
network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security
solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as,
video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and
benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where
you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in
code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our
employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and
Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Keywords: Verizon, Atlanta , Senior Product Manager, Executive , Atlanta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!