Manager, Workplace Services Desktop
Company: United Technologies
Posted on: June 20, 2019
Date Posted: 2019-05-28-07:00 Country: United States of America
Location: CAG23: DLS VRF- Atlanta 3300 Riverwood Pkwy , Atlanta,
GA, 30339 USA Carrier is seeking an experienced and motivated
individual to join the Corporate IT staff to create, implement, and
support key elements of the Carrier Workplace Services
infrastructure strategy. This position will be responsible for
program managing key projects set forth as part of the global
infrastructure strategy focused on the Carrier end-user Workplace
Services platform, developing and deploying the supporting
architecture, and implementing world-class cradle-to-grave support
processes for the desktop environment. This role is also
responsible for participating in the introduction of new and
innovative technologies to help the Carrier businesses increase
employee productivity and engagement, and increase integration with
backend business processes. Subject matter expertise and ability to
communicate effectively will be key qualities as we improve the
benefits associated with the consumer driven technologies that are
rapidly becoming available in the enterprise marketplace. Essential
- Work with business representatives to develop the next
generation end-user computing requirements and find opportunities
to drive efficiency and productivity.
- Participate in the development of a world class Workplace
Services desktop strategy and standards.
- Execute deployment projects globally at Carrier.
- Work with Corporate and Business Application development and
support groups to foster and support strategic Workplace Services
- Conduct research on creative, productivity-enabling technology
solutions and develop business cases to propose high performance,
cost effective opportunities to meet business requirements. Bring
these innovative technologies to a production ready state and
coordinate Carrier global introduction.
- Plan, design, implement and handle multiple technology projects
to support business requirements.
- Establish, nurture and handle relationships with suppliers of
strategic information technology products and/or services in our
- Support the development and implementation of policies and
procedures for Desktop Services. Education / Certifications
- Bachelor?s Degree in Computer Science, Management of
Information Systems, or related business discipline(s). Master?s
Degree a plus. Basic Qualifications
- 3 - 5 years of experience in IT and/or IT related field
- Desktop management systems, application distribution systems
and methodologies, specification and testing of workstation
equipment, development of workstation/laptop client processes and
procedures, and management of application upgrades and
- Strong computer skills and working knowledge of Microsoft and
MacOS software and systems
- Engineer, test, deploy and handle corporate internal client
images for Windows 10 and MacOS
- Experience in supporting, diagnosing and solving desktop
- Exposure to technologies such as O365, MS Teams, Skype,
endpoint management tools
- Ability to organize and prioritize workflow and to meet
established timeframes and deadlines.
- Proficient in one or more modern, general purpose scripting
languages (python, powershell, bash, etc).
- Strong working knowledge of software and image distribution
tools such as Microsoft SCCM
- Desire to continually learn about new technology and analyze
how it might best be applied.
- Self-motivated and dedicated individual
- An ability to think creatively and find the best solutions to
- Demonstrable experience in managing a variety of IT
infrastructure projects and in collaborating with business leaders.
Ability to lead large, complex projects with cross-business unit
project teams and suppliers.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, analytical, communication
and technical skills are needed.
- Ability to build and maintain customer relationships, be a
teammate, meet deadlines and adjust to changing priorities.
- Highly motivated, results-oriented and able to work in
- Ability to learn, understand and interpret business processes.
Act in partnership with the business and be recognized as a valued
contributor to business results. We are an equal opportunity
employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate
on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender,
sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or
disability status. OAK19DTINP183 United Technologies Corporation is
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other
link to read the Policy and Terms
Keywords: United Technologies, Atlanta , Manager, Workplace Services Desktop, Executive , Atlanta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!