Senior Project Manager
Company: Credit Acceptance Corporation
Posted on: November 20, 2023
Credit Acceptance is proud to be an award-winning company with
local and national workplace recognition in multiple categories!
Our world-class culture is shaped by dedicated Team Members who
share a drive to succeed as professionals and together as a
company. A great product, amazing people and our stable financial
history have made us one of the largest used car finance companies
nationally.Our Support teams work with multiple departments in a
dynamic environment that promotes flexibility and autonomy, while
offering the opportunity to collaborate with a diverse group of
professionals.-- We work to comply with our company standards,
exceed customer expectations and drive our Great Place to Work
culture.-- Through the consistent delivery of quality services and
understanding the needs of our business, we develop innovative
improvements as we strive towards our company's Big, Hairy,
Audacious Goals!As a Senior Project Manager, you will partner with
cross-functional teams to deliver projects that improve processes
and user experience. You will be responsible for managing projects
using the Credit Acceptance PMO Methodology and/or our Agile
processes, with the ultimate goal of improving company performance
and managing risk. The Credit Acceptance PMO Methodology is a
hybrid methodology and you should be comfortable blending Agile,
SAFe and Waterfall methodologies as needed to suit project
requirements.Outcomes and Activities:Overall Project Management
- This position will work from home; occasional planned travel to
an assigned Southfield, Michigan office location may be required.
--However, this position is permitted to work at a Southfield,
Michigan office location if requested by the team member.
- Manages projects using CAC processes.
- Develops detailed project plans/schedules based on scope,
resources and budget. Manages approved project plan and holds
resources accountable to interim milestones.
- Produces clear and concise deliverables such as schedules,
communications, risk mitigations, testing and implementation
- Facilitates meetings and produces detailed meeting minutes
- Implements agreed upon scope according to schedule.
- Transitions process to operational owners at the end of the
- Understands and uses critical thinking and professional
judgement/experience on hot to use steps in the methodology to
accomplish goals effectively
- Manages project costs and reports to key stakeholders as
- Manages risks and issues and develops appropriate contingency
and mitigation plans.
Monitor and Control
- Conducts ongoing monitor and control activities including:
Managing Risk/Issues, Managing Project Documentation, Performing
Change Control, Managing Project Status and Schedule, Managing
Project Resources and Managing Decisions.
- Manages changes to project scope, resources and cost.
- Partners with the Project Sponsor and Products Team to clearly
and objectively analyze opportunities to identify and improve
performance or manage risk.
- Directs and monitors project assignments; escalates to
- Provides timely status of project work through clear, accurate
and concise updates and meetings.
- Maintains accurate and informative project information in
central project repository.
- Acts as a role model to more junior members of the PMO. Mentors
and coaches on project management best practices and following the
Credit Acceptance methodology.
- Leads efforts to improve processes within the PMO and
collaborates cross functionally to improve adjacent processes.
- Actively participates in department efforts to increase team
building and improve employee engagement.
- Actively participates in team meetings and presents as a role
model for professionalism and project management expertise.
Competencies: The following items detail how you will be successful
in this role.
- Facilitation Techniques: Organize, support and/or conduct
workshops, meetings, presentations specific to the objectives of
each, problem to be solve, --and needs of the audience.
- Impact Analysis: Understand the rationale behind and how
changes impact the enterprise and/or applications and across the
- Risk Management: Conducting risk management planning,
identification, analysis, response planning, and controlling risk
on a project.
- Schedule Management: Performing the work required to manage the
completion of the project on time. --Where necessary, apply Agile
schedule management techniques, including sprint planning, release
planning and iterative delivery to ensure that project milestones
are met on time.
- Stakeholder Communication: --Effectively communicate project
progress, risks and changes to stakeholders using Agile and SAFe
reporting methods, such as burndown charts, velocity and Program
Increment (PI) objectives.
- Communication and Active Listening: --Organize, support and/or
conduct workshops, meetings, and presentations specific to the
objectives of the project and the needs of the team. --Utilize the
CAC best practices to facilitate good communication. --The art of
Active Listening is key to every role. --Therefore, seek to
understand what is being said as well as the surrounding context.
--Interpret non-verbal communications well.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 7+ years experience in project management
- 7+ years experience in process evaluation and process
- Experience presenting to leadership
- 7+ years experience with Microsoft Office Suite (including MS
- 7+ years experience with IT Projects
- PMP Certification
- Experience in the Financial Industry
- Experience with Agile and/or SAFe methodologies
- Demonstrated proficiency in Agile methodologies such as Scrum,
Kanban or Lean, including facilitating Agile ceremonies, managing
Agile team, and promoting Agile values and principles.
- Experience with industry project management tools
- Proficiency in Agile project management tools like Jira, Trello
or similar software for tracking work, managing backlogs and
Targeted Compensation: $121,000 - $132,000 base salary + an annual
This position is not currently open to individuals who require
sponsorship now or in the future to work legally for Credit
Acceptance, such as H-1b/ H-4 or F-1 OPT visa holders.
INDCSLP#zip#LI-RemoteOur Company Values:To be successful in this
role, Team Members need to be:
- Positive by maintaining resiliency and focusing on
- Respectful by collaborating and actively listening
- Insightful by cultivating innovation, accumulating business and
role specific knowledge, demonstrating self-awareness and making
- Direct by effectively communicating and conveying courage
- Earnest by taking accountability, applying feedback and
effectively planning and priority settingExpectations:
- Remain compliant with our policies processes and legal
- All other duties as assigned
- Attendance as required by department--Advice!We understand that
your career search may look different than others. Our hiring team
wants to make sure that this would be a fit not just for us, but
for you long term. --If you are actively looking or starting to
explore new opportunities, send us your application! P.S.We have
great details around our stats, success, history and more. --We're
proud of our culture and are happy to share why - let's
talk!Required degrees must have been earned at institutions of
Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher
Education Accreditation or equivalent.Credit Acceptance is
dedicated to providing an inclusive environment for all. We are
proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and value a culturally
diverse workforce. We believe in ensuring all team members
demonstrate mutual respect for one another. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to protected characteristics like age, race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or
disability status.California Residents: Please click for the
California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) notice regarding the
personal information Credit Acceptance may collect from you.Play
the video below to learn more about our Company culture.
Keywords: Credit Acceptance Corporation, Atlanta , Senior Project Manager, Executive , Atlanta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!