Assistant General Manager
Company: Twin Peaks
Posted on: November 18, 2023
TWIN PEAKS JOB DESCRIPTION: Assistant General Manager
GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
This job requires the Assistant General Manager to work directly
with the General Manager and all team members to include Assistant
Managers to create and maintain a profitable store environment that
provides best-in-class service, hospitality to every guest. The
Assistant General Manager must also manage costs, recruiting
efforts, LSM, training and ensure that proper policies are
followed, including employment and incident documentation. The
Assistant General Manager is very hands-on and will be responsible
for the daily operations learning alongside the General Manager for
further development. You must be dependable, self-reliant, have
wonderful guest hospitality, coaching and teaching skills. The
essence of this promise is to guarantee that every guest may walk
into a Twin Peaks to be promptly welcomed and entertained by
physically fit, attractive and engaging Twin Peaks Girls, who
simultaneously deliver hot, tasty food and 29-degree beer. It is
vital that you combine strong organizational and prioritization
skills with professional dedication and a team-oriented
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The duties and responsibilities of an Assistant General Manager
include, but are not limited to:
- Effectively teach, motivate, coach and discipline staff, the
HOH, and Twin Peaks Girls. Must garner the respect of all
- Be proficient with interviewing, warning, counseling, hiring
and firing employees, and ensure that all such events are properly
documented and discussed with General Manager before making such
- Cash handling procedures are being followed.
- Help with Assistant management development as he or she
develops into the AGM level.
- Proactively recruit as needed.
- Hold kitchen staff accountable to standards, ticket times,
safety, and sanitation guideline.
- Handles volume and stress with composure and finesse.
- Upholds the standards and expectations.
- Knowledge of systems, methods and processes that contribute to
- Respectfully and properly handle all issues of alleged
discrimination or harassment in accordance with policy, contacting
your General Manager and VP of Operations immediately.
- Maintain an atmosphere free of intimidation, discrimination,
harassment, poor attitude, or poor work performance.
- Drive sales by working with the General Manager/ Managers, Twin
Peaks Girls and HOH team members to execute excellent
- Effectively coach and counsel. Hold team members and Assistant
Managers accountable to standards and be willing to correct
standards that are not met in any area of Twin Peaks.
- Maintain organized and updated training schedules, programs and
materials for new employees. Effectively execute training and
- Practice sound inventory control.
- PNL/COGs/Bar, Food and Labor cost controlling. Completing with
General Manager follow-up and approval.
- Dress and act professionally each day to set a good example for
- HOH and FOH productivity.
- Enforcing safety and sanitary practices, maintenance and
regulatory compliance for the kitchen area. Upholds standards of
cleanliness per EcoSure/Health Department Compliance and maintains
a rating of "A".
- Reviews schedules on a weekly basis and ranking report.
Managing staffing levels and shift assignments.
- Audit ready always. (Daily/Shift Critical Audits)
- Paying invoices/Reviewing invoices
- Ensuring asset protection and security is in place. Examples:
back door, liquor cabinet, storage rooms stay locked.
- Maintaining and staying within compliance for Peaks Point
- Proper state food certificates all up to date with none being
expired and ensuring system is in place so they have certificate
day 1 of employment. (if applicable)
- Helping to ensure all managers food/alcohol certifications and
food cards are in date. (if applicable)
- Ensure that alcohol is always served responsibly and in
accordance with the law.
- Mathematical skills necessary to understand PNL, cost
- Uniform Standards followed (FOH/HOH/Management)
- Restaurant overall Organization and Cleanliness.
- R&M program.
- Employee files up to date with proper documentation.
- Ensuring that operational basics and standards are adhered to
with total commitment and passion: includes line checks, critical
line checks, scheduling, standards, security, testing, training,
cook times, etc. SUPERVISION RECEIVED:
This position will report to their General Manager.
Managers and full restaurant staff.
UNIFORM STANDADS: The General Manager must look professional
- Twin Peaks logo, non-wrinkled polo (tucked in).
- Slacks- black, navy, brown, khaki, grey or Jeans- stylish,
fitted; NO - stains, tears, holes, frayed seams/cuffs or
- Socks- appropriate dress socks for slacks or jeans.
- Shoes- non-slip, closed toe dress shoe rubber soled or suitable
work shoes. Belt to match.
- O Hats (HOH only) NO Ponytails, mullets, fo/mohawks, exotic
unnatural hair colors NO Facial piercings, NO Shirts with brand
name words or logos (Vendor logos, Affliction, Ed Hardy, etc.), NO
Suits or ties, NO Shorts, NO Work out/yoga pants, leggings, NO
Dresses or skirts, NO White socks with dark pants and NO Sandals or
sneakers. QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- Must have substantial leadership experience in high-volume
restaurants and/or bars.
- Ability to apply common-sense understanding to carry out
multi-step instructions. Ability to deal with quickly changing
situations with many variables. Ability to mathematically compute
proper change, accurately perform checkouts for employees, cash
handling procedures followed and compute correct bank
- Must successfully attend and complete any and all other
required training in compliance with local and state regulations,
such as food and/or alcohol service certifications. LANGUAGE
Ability to effectively communicate in the English language. Spanish
communication skills are extremely helpful.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Ability to obtain and/or maintain any government required licenses,
certificates or permits to include ServSafe Food Manager and
Must attend orientation and agree to policies and procedures as
outlined. Must attend and successfully complete the Twin Peaks
Assistant General Manager training program prior to working a shift
without supervision. Must successfully attend and complete all
other required training in compliance with local and state
regulations, such as food and/or alcohol service
The physical demands described here are the representative of those
that must be met by an Assistant General Manager to successfully
perform the essential functions of this role. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of
this role, the Twin Peaks Assistant General Manager is regularly
required to stand; walk; use hands and fingers to handle, feel, or
carry objects, product, or controls; and talk or hear. Specific
vision abilities required by this role include close vision,
peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities and activates may change at any time with
or without notice.
MANAGEMENT TEAM DEVELOPMENT:
- Maintain a fun and professional work environment grounded on
our values, brand standards, guiding principles and promises.
- Management development program on Peaks Point and providing
materials for success in development.
- Ensure all Managers are current and up to date with reviews,
certificates, training, etc. alongside the General Manager.
The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this role. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
While performing the duties of this role, the Twin Peaks Assistant
General Manager is regularly exposed to fumes or airborne particles
from the kitchen. The Twin Peaks Assistant General Manager is also
occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, when in the
dish area or walk-in cooler, and sometimes uses toxic or caustic
chemicals when cleaning. The noise level at Twin Peaks is usually
WHAT SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE:
Your performance and success will be driven through a few of the
following, but not limited to, running the business according to
our brand standards with the focus on people, sales and profits,
maintaining hospitality standards at all times, maintaining the
attributes, championing change while maintaining food quality
standards while keeping our promises to our guests.
Keywords: Twin Peaks, Atlanta , Assistant General Manager, Executive , Kennesaw, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!