Chief Information Officer
Company: Shepherd Center
Posted on: September 21, 2023
Chief Information Officer page is loaded Chief Information
Officer Apply locations Atlanta, GA time type Full time posted on
Posted 2 Days Ago job requisition id R2584 Shepherd Center, located
in Atlanta, Georgia, is a private, not-for-profit hospital
specializing in medical treatment, research and rehabilitation for
people with spinal cord injury, brain injury, stroke, multiple
sclerosis, spine and chronic pain, and other neuromuscular
conditions. Join us in our mission to help people with a temporary
or permanent disability, rebuild their lives with hope,
independence and dignity, advocating for their full inclusion in
all aspects of community life. At Shepherd Center, you'll discover
a diverse and inclusive environment, enlightened leadership, a
culture of teamwork, professionalism and mutual respect. If you are
seeking career advancement, continuing education opportunities
coupled with a welcoming and fun workplace, competitive
compensation and employment benefits, visit our -careers page - to
explore current openings. The Chief Information Officer (CIO) leads
the strategic planning and delivery of technology and systems
required to support the organization's operations, establishes
long-term needs for information systems, and provides highly
effective solutions and IT infrastructure to achieve business needs
and continuously improve operational efficiency. This role also
serves as a member of the organization's executive team
contributing to and supporting executive team initiatives and
Reports to the Chief Executive Officer. Job Responsibilities
- Directs all information technology (IT) activities within the
- Develops and implements IT strategy in alignment with business
priorities, and develops long and short-range plans for information
needs, systems development, hardware acquisition, and system
- Develops and maintains IT policies and standards aimed at
maximizing effectiveness and data security while minimizing costs
related to the acquisition, implementation and operation of IT
- Identifies trends in the Health IT sector and interprets the
meaning of these changes to leadership.
- Develops and evaluates project feasibility studies based on
management's requirements and priorities.
- Prioritizes IT initiatives and develops appropriate
justification along with a supporting detailed definition of
capital investments, data requirements, and affected departmental
- Ensures that IT projects, services, and operations are
completed within the scope, schedule, and budget and that all
objectives are successfully met.
- Works with internal departments to identify opportunities for
business value from IT, present new approaches for IT-enabled
initiatives, identify user needs, resolve problems and discuss
equipment/system changes. Ensures that information technology
requirements are understood, prioritized, and met.
- Grows collaborative relationships between the IT function and
other departments and functions.
- Maintains relationships with key IT vendors and maintains
knowledge of current technology, equipment, prices, and terms of
agreements to fully leverage Shepherd's investment to meet agreed
customer service levels. Evaluates alternatives, performs
appropriate cost benefit analysis, and recommends solutions that
minimize costs with acceptable risks.
- Plans, develops and directs all aspects of the organization's
voice and data networks.
- Develops, implements and directs the organization's information
security program consistent with policies that support business
objectives and requirements.
- Develops, monitors and achieves budgets and key financial
- Performs all necessary leadership functions to effectively
manage the team: Ensures adherence of all staff to Shepherd
Center's Standards of Behavior; Maintains a high-performance staff;
Communicates areas of accountability and performance expected of
team members; Creates strategic long-term people plan and
department structure to effectively meet the key business
initiatives; Conducts succession planning and develops individuals
for future advancement.
- Represents the IT function in all executive meetings and
- Participates in supporting the organization's vision, mission,
and values and performs other duties as assigned to meet the goals
and objectives of Shepherd Center.
- Practices proper safety techniques in accordance with Center
and departmental policies and procedures. Responsible for the
reporting of employee/patient/visitor injuries or accidents, or
other safety issues to the supervisor and in the occurrence
- Monitors and ensures compliance with all regulatory
requirements, organizational standards, and policies and procedures
related to area of responsibility. Identifies potential risk areas
within area of responsibility and supports problem resolution
process. Required Minimum Education
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, business administration,
or related field required. Master's degree in computer science,
business administration or related field preferred.
- Participation in continuing professional education with
membership and participation in CHIME and/or HIMSS is a plus.
Required Minimum Certification
- No professional certification required. Required Minimum
- 10 years of information system experience in a healthcare or
related setting required. 5 years of experience in a leadership
role in a healthcare or related setting required. -
- Experience developing enterprise IT strategies and leading
transformation efforts. Required Minimum Skills
- Should possess excellent verbal and written communication
skills and relationship building.
- Sound performance management skills and experience with an
emphasis on change and the ability to develop consensus from
independent parties to achieve the goals of the organization.
- Knowledge of strategic and financial planning and
- High degree of initiative, is self-directed and independent,
and welcomes ideas and input of others.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to deal with personnel
situations and to act as a liaison to top management about all IT
- Ability to work collaboratively with all business functions and
build strong business partnerships and strong people leadership
- Ability to effectively lead/drive change and continual
- Demonstrated expertise in successful management of complex IT
- Demonstrated persuasion skills, especially at the executive
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex issues with multiple,
often conflicting, requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to develop a technology vision and
strategy, then lead deployment of that strategy.
- Demonstrated ability to attract, motivate, retain, and develop
a diverse team of technical, applications, and technology support
- Knowledge of HIPAA security, privacy and transactions
regulations, healthcare analytics and decision support, and
regulatory issues in healthcare.
- Management skills to successfully perform the planning,
directing, reporting, and administrative Accountabilities which are
part of this position.
- Comprehensive knowledge of information technology subjects and
extensive knowledge of hardware and software; plus, the ability to
keep abreast of advances in the HIT field. About Us Shepherd
Center, located in Atlanta, Georgia, is a private, not-for-profit
hospital specializing in medical treatment, research and
rehabilitation for people with spinal cord injury, brain injury,
multiple sclerosis, spine and chronic pain, and other neuromuscular
Founded in 1975, Shepherd Center is ranked by U.S. News & World
Report among the top 10 rehabilitation hospitals in the nation.
Patients at Shepherd Center get more than just medical care:They
get an experience that brings healing and hope. Shepherd's team of
highly specialized, experienced clinicians are dedicated to helping
their patients rebuild their lives with hope, independence and
dignity, advocating for their full inclusion in all aspects of
community life while promoting safety and injury prevention.
Clinicians work with each person to create a blueprint for
rehabilitation, tapping into state-of-the-art medical care,
therapeutic equipment and comprehensive educational services. Staff
members also serve as ambassadors to help patients navigate their
journey over a lifetime. At Shepherd Center, we are a family,
working together to help patients and their families obtain the
care they need plus so much more. Shepherd Center is committed to
sharing values of diversity and inclusion in order to achieve and
sustain excellence. We firmly believe that we can best promote
excellence by recruiting and retaining a diverse staff and by
creating a climate of respect that is supportive of their success.
Shepherd Center is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion,
national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any
other characteristic protected by law. Get In Touch Don't see a
specific job that interest you? Introduce yourself to our
recruiters and we'll get in touch if there's a role that seems like
a good match. Shepherd Center, A Culture Like No Other 0:00 -/ -
1:10 It's important to be confident about the quality of care you
or a loved one will receive when entering a rehabilitation or
treatment program. At Shepherd Center, our expert clinicians help
patients get the most out of rehabilitation. In fact, our patients
are more independent and have better outcomes than the national
Keywords: Shepherd Center, Atlanta , Chief Information Officer, Executive , Atlanta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!