Assistant Vice President, Compliance & Privacy - Atlanta
Company: General Investment & Development Co
Posted on: September 21, 2023
Assistant Vice President, Compliance & Privacy - GID -
ATLANTA,GAGID is a privately held and vertically-integrated real
estate company that develops, owns, and operates a portfolio of
multifamily, industrial, and mixed-use developments. With corporate
offices in Atlanta, Boston, Dallas, New York, and San Francisco,
GID is an experienced real estate private equity investor and
manager supported by an integrated operating platform and has 60+
years of experience across multiple asset classes. GID's existing
and under-development properties are valued at over $22
billion.During its 60+year history, GID has developed, managed, or
acquired over 92,000 residential units and 32.5 million square feet
of commercial space in twenty-four states. The current portfolio
includes over 43,000 residential units, 1 million square feet of
retail and office space, and 18.8 million square feet of industrial
space.DESCRIPTION:The Assistant Vice President, Compliance and
Privacy is responsible for supporting the CCO with identifying and
managing regulatory and operational risks to ensure compliance with
various federal and state regulations and robust internal policies
based on industry best practices. Candidate can work out of the
Atlanta or Dallas office.RESPONSIBILITIES:Compliance
- Assist the CCO with the creation, maintenance, implementation
and monitoring of policies and procedures for GID's compliance
program to prevent unethical or improper conduct and detect
violations of applicable laws and regulations.
- Maintain compliance records, including compliance policies and
related internal controls, conflicts of interest disclosures,
records of compliance training and other records in an organized,
easily retrievable and accessible manner, in compliance the
Investment Advisers Act of 1940 ("Advisers Act").
- Make compliance policies readily available to employees and
communicate any changes to the policies to company employees on an
- Monitor and track compliance metrics. Identify and evaluate
business and technology risks, internal controls which mitigate
risks, and related opportunities for internal control improvement.
Report to the CCO regarding the efficacy of the compliance program
and to raise compliance issues which need corrective actions.
- Conduct annual compliance audit to monitor compliance with
standards and procedures required by the compliance program.
- Administration of the compliance approval and affirmation
system, including user activation, tracking affirmations, and
approving certain cases and disclosures.
- Oversight of the Fund Administrators AML/OFAC screening of
investors and administration of the company's AML/OFAC screening
system, including screening of potential partners, and buyers and
auditing screening tenants.
- Maintain applicable lobbying registrations and meet all
applicable reporting and filing deadlines. Ensure GID employees
submit applicable lobbying activity reports on a timely basis.
Research potential jurisdictions for lobbying registration
- Manage filings in connection with solicitation and marketing in
- Assist with the development of new hire training/orientation to
acclimate new GID employees to the company's culture of compliance.
Oversee annual compliance training for existing employees and keep
- Manage awareness campaigns, including training, newsletters and
compliance presence on the company intranet, to increase awareness
of conducting business in accordance with the Code of Ethics and
- Maintenance of privacy policies to document requirements
imposed by applicable privacy laws and industry standards.
- Monitoring of privacy policies including associated practices,
disclosures and recordkeeping.
- Keep informed regarding changes in privacy regulations and
- Conduct periodic and annual audit of the privacy program.
- Oversee annual privacy training and awareness-raising
- Oversee privacy impact assessments on applicable service
providers and review privacy terms in service provider
- Maintain privacy records and log of processing activities
- Support the compliance team in responding to inquiries, both
internal and external.REQUIREMENTS:
- Knowledge of Investment Advisers Act and related compliance
regulations and industry standards
- Relevant privacy laws and industry standards, including
California Consumer Privacy Act, and Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act
- Proficiency in MS Word, Outlooks, Excel, Sharepoint
- Organizational and interpersonal skills
- Integrity and confidentiality
- Ability to meet deadlines, accomplish work in order of
priority; professionally maintain composure and effectiveness under
pressure and changing conditions
- Bachelor's level degree; and
- 5 or more years of progressively responsible compliance or
privacy experience; or
- Any combination of experience of education, training and
experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and
abilities to perform essential functions of the job.Drug testing
and background checks are an employment requirement. These are
required steps in the hiring process.Total compensation range:
$125,000 - $200,000 plus bonus potential.Our company considers a
range of factors including education and experience when
determining base compensation.This position is also eligible for
bonus and benefits. For more information, visit: !GID is an Equal
Keywords: General Investment & Development Co, Atlanta , Assistant Vice President, Compliance & Privacy - Atlanta, Executive , Atlanta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!