Posted on: May 28, 2023
Areas of Interest
Atlanta - Georgia - United States of America
CBRE is using this platform to provide general information to individuals who want to learn more about a career at CBRE. If an opportunity opens that matches your qualifications, we will reach out to you at that time. We are growing a world-class organization with a world-class team and appreciate your interest in CBRE. We welcome you to explore our Careers (https://careers.cbre.com/en_US/careers) page and apply directly to any positions that interest you. We will not consider the submission of resumes on this platform as an expression of interest in any posted position at CBRE.
The Structured Finance Portfolio Manager position is responsible for interaction within our internal organization, as well as with borrowers, sponsors, clients, contractors, attorneys, title companies, architects, brokers, appraisers, and other deal-related parties. The position requires the demonstrated ability to independently: prepare formal written presentations analyzing a wide spectrum of issues relating to both loan- and property-level requests; deliver the highest level of customer service to both internal and external clients; prepare detailed financial analysis; perform financial and commercial mortgage underwriting tasks and the abstracting of loan and transactional documents. In addition, it requires varying levels of supervision of analysts in the department including quality control related to written presentations, financial analyses, property inspections, and other items; market and submarket research and presentation; oversight and training; and the review and amendment as appropriate of written presentations authored by others.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for monitoring the performance of properties and progress of business plans related to a defined portfolio of loans and/or joint venture equity investments
- Serve as primary point of contact for clients, borrowers/sponsors, property managers and other parties associated with an assigned portfolio
- Communicate issues and updates to management and clients where appropriate
- Provide excellent customer service and problem resolution for clients, borrowers/partners and internal / external stakeholders
- Review and interpret deal documents and monitor compliance
- Perform construction draw reviews and coordinate funding process with inspectors, clients and borrowers
- Review and convey an understanding of all aspects of the deals in the assigned portfolio, included in leases for all traditional property types, franchise agreements for hotels, etc.
- Responsible for reviewing and analyzing third-party reports
- Review materials and prepare recommendations for client review and their approval following requests from borrowers or sponsors
- Build and maintain financial models to track capital inflows and outflows related to ground-up and major renovation commercial real estate deals, some with multiple capital partners
- Build and maintain financial models related to commercial real estate loans with multiple releases of collateral during the hold period
- Monitor borrower or sponsor completion of special-condition items required by the deal documents
- Closely work on each assigned investment to help facilitate successful client outcomes
- Demonstrate ability to identify project risks, develop risk mitigation and contingency plans, and implement action plans to reduce or eliminate project risk
- Be responsible for drafting, managing, updating, and/or reviewing monthly reports as well as managing any specific client requirements
- Conduct property inspections in coordination with clients and/or third-party inspectors
- Review budgets annually and monitor operating statements on a periodic basis, spreading both to industry standards upon receipt and benchmarking to the underwriting projections
- Train and support team members in fulfillment of activities performed on behalf of clients and customers
Indirect supervisory role of team members to assist in optimizing the services performed on behalf of clients and customers.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university and 5 years industry experience; or 7-to-10 years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Knowledge of the commercial loan servicing industry.
CERTIFICATES and/or LICENSES
Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong organizational and analytical skills. Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to customers. Ability to effectively present information. Ability to respond effectively to sensitive issues.
Requires advanced knowledge of financial terms and principles. Ability to calculate intermediate figures such as percentages, discounts, and commissions. Conducts advanced financial analysis.
Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret complex documents. Ability to solve problems involving several options in situations. Requires advanced analytical and quantitative skills.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES
Proficient in Microsoft Suite Products including: Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook. Experienced in using loan servicing database system (McCracken Strategy preferred).
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Decisions made with thorough understanding of procedures, company policies, and business practices to achieve general results and deadlines. Responsible for setting work unit and/or project deadlines. Errors in judgment may cause short-term impact to department.
CBRE is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We have a long-standing commitment to providing equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, veteran status, political belief, or any other basis protected by applicable law. We also provide reasonable accommodations, as needed, throughout the job application process. If you have a disability that inhibits your ability to apply for a position through our online application process, you may contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via telephone at +1 866 225 3099 (U.S.) and +1 866 388 4346 (Canada).
NOTE: Some, but not all, of our positions may have an additional requirement to comply with COVID-19 health and safety protocols, including COVID-19 vaccination proof and/or rigorous testing. If you have questions about the requirement(s) for this position, please inform your Recruiter.
CBRE, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer (Women/Minorities/Persons with Disabilities/US Veterans)
Keywords: CBRE, Atlanta , Asset Manager, Executive , Atlanta, Georgia
here to apply!