Director Entertainment and Specialty Markets
Company: InterContinental Hotels Group
Posted on: March 20, 2023
Director Entertainment and Specialty MarketsHotel: Corp Atlanta
Ravinia, Three Ravinia Drive, Suite 100, 30346Direct all regional
sales activity focused at a specific market segment (Entertainment,
Sports, Affinity, Specialty)and the supporting intermediaries.
Focus on the overall sales effort and specifically, but not
exclusively, on the Key Account Program and Management of the sales
platform to meet brand, hotel and management Company contribution
goals. Direct the efforts of the sales team in assigned area; guide
and assist in the activities of other sales assets in the region.
Act as primary point of contact on the assigned market segment to
brand management and management companies and serve as the
acknowledged expert on market and customer issues within this
market sector to Company entities.Key Accountabilities
- Direct the planning and implementation of the key client
program with all market segment sales personnel throughout the
territory. Manage performance-to-plan and market opportunity at all
- Responsible for goal setting and performance optimization of
customer revenue, room night and share of spend targets for the
corporate sales team and segment clients.
- Introduce and promote to client base, major programs and
promotions as directed. This may include all loyalty programs.
- Act as a "Brand Partner" to the respective area/brand teams for
sales activity in assigned market segment. Provide segment
expertise to management company's O/M/L management and franchise
- Assist in the revenue plan process in hotels within the
Americas region and assist the revenue planning group with specific
tasks related to planning.
- Recommend and implement sales training requirement within the
- Actively participate in the assigned market segment's industry
affairs associations and events.
- Record, review and maintain appropriate sales reports for
- Coordinate with Director of Corporate Sales in all reasonable
ways and regularly contribute to departmental and divisional
- May ensure sales personnel work with the principle (i.e.
corporate account) and their intermediaries, (i.e. Business Travel
Agents (BTA's)) as applicable.
- Plan, organize, control and lead subordinate functions within
established budgetary and manpower plans; establish goals,
performance standards, and operating procedures for assigned
functions. Participate in creation of department staffing and
capital budgets. Responsible for cost center management within the
- Coach and develop team members; hire, fire, assess, discipline,
document performance, recommend salary and classification changes.
Act as an advisor to subordinate managers or staff to help meet
established schedules and/or resolve technical or operational
problems.Key Skills & ExperiencesEducation -Bachelor's or Master's
Degree in Marketing, Management, or other relevant field of work or
an equivalent combination of education and work-related
experience.Experience -10+ years progressive work related
experience with demonstrated proficiency in multiple
disciplines/technologies/processes related to the position as well
as 5 to 7 years managing teams and/or significant complex projects,
including a minimum of 3 years in hotels with multi unit and/or
corporate roles, involving significant people management
responsibility across multiple and remote locations.Technical
Skills and Knowledge -
- Demonstrated project management experience in organizing,
planning and executing large-scale projects from conception through
- Demonstrated experience in leading and developing people.
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills
for the purpose of providing information to clients, vendors,
senior management and staff.
- Demonstrated experience managing a sales function in the
assigned market segment or a similar area of business.
- Demonstrated knowledge of hotels and hotel sales and marketing,
and business planning.
- Demonstrated business/financial negotiation and
influencing/consensus building skills, including demonstrated
closing ability and demonstrated ability to motivate a large sales
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects in remote
locations and partially structured environments.
- Demonstrated experience with franchise organization
preferredDon't quite meet every single requirement, but still
believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless
you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and
Keywords: InterContinental Hotels Group, Atlanta , Director Entertainment and Specialty Markets, Executive , Atlanta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...