Facilities Director - 00139351
Company: State of Georgia
Posted on: March 20, 2023
Atlanta Technical College (ATC) is seeking highly qualified
applicants for its Facilities Director position, in the Operations
and Technologies division. -This position is located on Atlanta
Tech's Main Campus, just South of Downtown Atlanta. - Job
Description : The Facilities Director is responsible for planning,
organizing and directing the maintenance of the college facilities
and grounds. Major duties and responsibilities include, but may not
be limited to, the following:
- Develops and implement policies and procedures relevant to
facilities management operations such as new processes, space
management and the annual budget.
- Assist with planning and execution building and facilities.
Supervises and provides input on personnel related manners.
- Establishes comprehensive, effective safety programs. Maintains
compliance with state, federal and OSHA rules and regulations.
- Plans, schedules, and implements facilities maintenance
activities at a technical college by ensuring the completion of
plumbing, electrical, painting, heating, ventilation, air
conditioning, carpentry, law work, college vehicles and equipment,
- Coordinates routine purchasing activities.
- Coordinates the removal of hazardous materials and surplus
- Trains employees in hazardous materials safety procedures.
Coordinates the contracting process by writing specifications and
- Establishes and coordinates a key control program. employees in
hazardous materials safety procedures.
- Coordinates the contracting process by writing specifications
and selecting contractors.
- Establishes and coordinates a key control program. Responsible
for the overall maintenance of fire alarms, extinguishers,
sprinkler, and security systems.
- Manages and oversees financial/budget operation of the
department. Monitors the activities of personnel ensure compliance
with TCSG policy manual and department procedure.
- Develops and/or assists with the development of policies and
procedures and recommends changes to effectively meet the goals and
requirements of the program.
- Evaluates employees at scheduled intervals upon reviewing of
all relevant information.
- Conducts regular evaluation of services provided and make
adjustments as needed.
- Maintains up-to-date policies, procedures, and state or federal
laws that may impact department.
- Performs additional duties, as assigned. COMPETENCIES:
- Knowledge of facilities maintenance best practices
- Knowledge of custodial operations
- Knowledge of various trade disciplines
- Skill in the delegation of responsibility and authority
- Skill in the operation of computers and job-related software
- Decision making and problem-solving skills
- Skill in interpersonal relations and in dealing with the
- Oral and written communication skills Minimum Qualifications :
Must possess and demonstrate a high school diploma or equivalent
AND Five (5) years of experience in facilities maintenance, which
included supervision of multiple operations such as repair and
maintenance, space management, security, site selection and
facility construction. Preferred Qualifications : Preference may be
given to candidates who, in addition to meeting the minimum
requirements, possess and demonstrate the following:
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Construction Management,
Engineering, or related field .
- Ten (10) years of work experience in the project management,
facilities management, or related field.
- Ability to think quickly and independently.
- Effective written and oral communication skills. PLEASE UPLOAD
A RESUME, TRANSCRIPT(S) AND CERTIFICATIONS. BACKGROUND SCREENINGS
ARE CONDUCTED PRIOR TO SCREENING. Due to the volume of applications
received, we are unable to provide applicants with the status of
their individual submissions. Applicants can review their
application status on their "My Job Page" within their Team Georgia
Careers profile. Equal Opportunity Employer : As set forth in its
student catalog, Atlanta Technical College does not discriminate on
the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, gender,
religion, disability, age, political affiliation or belief, veteran
status, or citizenship status (except in those special
circumstances permitted or mandated by law). For further
information regarding these laws (Title VI and IX) contact Mattie
Goss, Director of Student Services, Special Needs and Equity,
Academic and Student Affairs Division, Atlanta Technical College,
Cleveland Dennard Center, Suite C1111, 404.225.4446. Email:
firstname.lastname@example.org. To request reasonable accommodations upon
enrollment (Section 504/ADA), contact Mattie Goss, Director of
Student Services, Special Needs and Equity, Atlanta Technical
College, Academic and Student Affairs Division, Cleveland Dennard
Building, Suite C1111, 404.225.4446. Email: email@example.com.
Faculty and staff with questions about equity or reasonable
accommodations should contact -Georgina Dumay, Director, Human
-Resources, Cleveland Dennard Building, Suite 180A, Atlanta
Technical College 1560 Metropolitan Pkwy. SW, Atlanta Georgia
30310. - firstname.lastname@example.org -.
Do not send -r--sum--s -to any of the email addressed above, they
will not be opened or reviewed. High School diploma *and* Five (5)
years of experience in facilities management which included
supervision of multiple operations such as repair and maintenance,
space management, security, site selection and facility
- Agency Logo:
- Requisition ID: FAC03AO
- Number of Openings: 1
- Advertised Salary: $80,000 Annually
- Shift: Day Job
- Posting End Date: Mar 24, 2023 My ProfileCreate and manage
profiles for future opportunities.Public Safety, Georgia Department
of - DPSAdministrative Services, Department of - DOAS Provided by
the Georgia Department of Administrative Services
Keywords: State of Georgia, Atlanta , Facilities Director - 00139351, Executive , Atlanta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...