Manager - EMS Operations - Full Time
Company: Northeast Georgia Health System, Inc
Posted on: March 20, 2023
Work Shift/Schedule:8 Hr Morning - Afternoon
Northeast Georgia Health System is rooted in a foundation of
improving the health of our communities.
About the Role:Job SummaryEstablishes and coordinates EMS programs,
policies and systems.--Initiates and supervises all major programs
effecting the emergency health and welfare of patients, budget,
personnel practice and public relations.--This position will care
for patients in the neonate, infant, child, adolescent, adult and
geriatric age groups.--Employee performs clinical duties in
accordance with population specific guidelines and adheres to
National Patient Safety Goals as outlined in policy and procedures.
-- -- -- ----Minimum Job Qualifications
- Licensure or other certifications: Certified Paramedic in the
State of Georgia.
- Educational Requirements: High School Diploma or GED. Paramedic
program to include ACLS, BTLS, PLS or PALS certification. Currently
pursuing or a holder of an undergraduate degree in related
- Minimum Experience: Three (3) years experience as a Paramedic
and at least one (1) year of EMS/pre-hospital supervisory
- Other:Preferred Job Qualifications
- Preferred Licensure or other certifications:
- Preferred Educational Requirements:
- Preferred Experience:
- Other:Job Specific and Unique Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Decision-makingEssential Tasks and Responsibilities
- Ensures that adequate and competent EMTs and paramedics are
staffed each day to meet the requirements of the department.--
- Develops and maintains a monthly staffing calendar.
- Monitors the number of consecutive hours each medic works to
avoid surpassing their physical and mental limitations.--
- Assists with the interviewing of new applicants.--
- Supervises the orientation of new employees.
- Keeps current records of each employee and ensures that all
required certifications are being maintained.
- Maintains that an adequate stock of medical supplies is
available to the medics.
- Coordinates the purchase of medical supplies with the NGHS
- Negotiates with emergency medical supply vendors for best
- Supervises the stocking and distribution of medical supplies to
- Implements cost containment measures as identified or
- Operates within the approved medical supplies budget.--
- Introduces to the department and monitors new medical supplies
which may improve patient care or productivity.--
- Ensures that all equipment required to treat and transport
patients is clean and in good operating condition.
- Ensures that a preventative maintenance schedule is followed
for all department vehicles and medical equipment.
- Ensures that all employees are familiar with decontamination
and disinfecting procedures for cleaning the ambulance and other
- Ensures that the medical equipment and ambulances are clean and
- Inspects and requests the replacement of equipment that has
served its useful life.
- Obtains evaluation usage of newest technology items for
emergency medical treatment.
- Implements the departmental training plan to ensure the
competency and recertification of the medics.
- Serves as the departmental training and safety
- Develops or organizes monthly in-service training for all
- Introduces public information programs such as CPR to educate
public on EMS capabilities and functions.
- Ensures that map and territory training and testing is
continuously is being administered.
- Ensures that all medics are being monitored for skill
proficiency and that documentation of such proficiency is being
- Ensures that each medic is being annually assessed by field
observation and that competency and compassion is being
- Ensures that the Field Services Manager's own-- paramedic
skills are maintained and improved by obtaining additional training
and field time.--
- Maintains instructor certifications in ACLS, BTLS, and PLS or
- Provides patient care including radio communications with the
emergency room while enroute to a hospital at least twice a
- Performs vehicle inspections when assigned to an
- Performs adequate trip report documentation on all emergency
transports when the he was the primary medic.--Physical Demands
- Weight Lifted: Up to 20 lbs, Frequently 31-65% of time
- Weight Carried: Up to 20 lbs, Frequently 31-65% of time
- Vision: Moderate, Frequently 31-65% of time
- Kneeling/Stooping/Bending: Constantly 66-100%
- Standing/Walking: Constantly 66-100%
- Pushing/Pulling: Constantly 66-100%
- Intensity of Work: Constantly 66-100% %
- Job Requires: Reading, Writing, Reasoning, Talking,
Keyboarding, Driving Working at NGHS means being part of something
special: a team invested in you as a person, an employee, and in
helping you reach your goals.--NGHS: Opportunities start here.
Northeast Georgia Health System is an Equal Opportunity Employer
and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of
race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin,
marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or
any other legally protected classification or status.
Keywords: Northeast Georgia Health System, Inc, Atlanta , Manager - EMS Operations - Full Time, Executive , Gainesville, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...