Director IT Quality Assurance
Posted on: March 20, 2023
Develops and implement the vision and strategy of software and
data quality assurance organization. Functioning as an established
leader, takes a hands-on approach with abilities and deep
understanding of end-to-end testing strategies, automation, quality
control, user engagement and reporting metrics. Advises senior
management / stakeholders on the quality and risk of features being
released. Collaborates with cross-functional teams including
program management, information systems, data services, operations,
and security to deliver on engineering initiatives. Builds,
inspires, and guides the team to deliver best in class SQA
services. The Director of Quality Assurance reports to the Vice
President, Enterprise Systems. Key Responsibilities:
- Own the outcome. execute as one collectively with IT team
- Build and develop a highly functioning QA Center of Excellence
(COE). Develop individual's career growth through mentorship,
coaching, and pro-active feedback.
- Work collaboratively in a team environment to meet aggressive
goals and help establish pre-defined successful measurement
- Plan, manage, and execute the testing processes to validate
that all functional and non-functional requirements are met for
- Drive "Test Automation First" where testing begins at the front
rather than at the end of the process.
- Stay abreast of new developments in QA automation and DevOps;
recommend and support cases for technology and/or process
enhancements with an eye towards new capabilities and improvements
that deliver a strong value proposition.
- Set standards, policies, compliance, scorecards to measure
performance against set goals.
- Be a champion of continuous improvement, understand and address
gaps within the department related to technology, collaboration,
team health, operational workflows, etc.
- Be a key partner to execute under modern agile and DevSecOps
practices (on the Microsoft DevOps platform).
- Partner with architecture, security, infrastructure,
applications, data engineering, and analytics teams to ensure
quality is effectively addressed in projects, initiatives, and
- Work closely with business analysts and IT architecture team
members to lead detailed discovery and translate business intents
and requirements into compelling test plans. Own end-to-end
solution test quality over the full life cycle.
- Work across other platform teams to integrate with release
tooling pipelines for instrumenting execution of automated testing
- Advise on resource planning, personnel decisions, and team
structures to meet current and expected future needs. Provide
inputs on Opex / Capex budgets.Work Experience, Skills & Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in engineering, computer science
or a similar discipline from an accredited institution.
- Excellent leadership skills, including strategic thinking,
analytical reasoning, alignment building, initiative,
collaboration, and empathy. Excellent written and verbal
- 7+ years of relevant experience in architecting, designing, and
deploying large-scale test automation services such as test case
management, test data management, test execution, metrics, and
- Deep understanding of QA automation workflows, CI/CD release
pipelines, test environments across multiple cloud products and
release within an agile development framework.
- Ability to implement and operate large scale test automation
frameworks across test environments for high volume of concurrent
- Experience testing and automation in green field projects based
on Azure technologies including AKS, Azure Service Bus, Kubernetes,
SQL, Cosmos, Azure Data Factory.
- Strong skills and experience across various technologies:
Selenium, Appium, and other test frameworks.
- Technical proficiency and hands-on experience with Restful API,
backend systems, & platform development technology.
- Be hands-on, able to deep dive and engage in deep technical
- Strong data driven decision-making mindset with experience in
establishing high bar for bug management and triage as it relates
to releasing high quality products into production.
- Understanding complexity and ability to simplify process,
tools, and automation to enable feature velocity without losing
- Excellent written communication, problem solving, process
management, cross-team collaboration, and high customer
- Comfort in handling multiple competing priorities in a
- Strong ability to influence teams and groups outside the wider
organization by providing deep insight and strategic
- MS in Computer Science / Engineering or related field.
- 10 years leading end-to-end QA COE across hybrid
infrastructure, virtualization, containerization and serverless
- Delivered on a business a digital transformation
- Experience with higher education technology, data, student
information, learning and systems like Anthology, Brightspace D2L
- Experience with IT governance and compliance controls and
procedures, and with frameworks like SOX, COBIT, GLBA and NIST
Keywords: Experis, Atlanta , Director IT Quality Assurance, Executive , Atlanta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...