Plant Engineering Manager
Company: Provision People
Posted on: August 8, 2022
Job DescriptionSummary:Our award-winning client in the cabinet
manufacturing industry is seeking to add a Plant Engineering
Manager to their team. The primary purpose of this position is to
coordinate all engineering, maintenance, and environmental
compliance requirements to support meeting and/or exceeding
established plant goals. Responsibilities:
- Will supervise hourly and salaried employees in the assigned
department and/or departments. Is responsible for the overall
direction, coordination, and evaluation of direct reports.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the
organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training
employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising
performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing
complaints and resolving problems.
- Overall coordination of Plant property and equipment
- Ensure the maintenance of all drying and machining
- Identifies, develops, plans, and implements all capital
projects for the Plant
- Develops and maintains all preventive maintenance programs
- Defines and drives engineering practices to improve process
flows and cost reduction to support the plant operations and
continual improvement process.
- Overall responsibility in environmental compliance
- Plan and coordinate department's activities to support SQDC
targets, and meet and/or exceed client and/or customer's
- Actively participate in assigned teams and/or projects.
- Ensure assigned departments perform tasks as outlined in Job
Instruction Breakdowns, Quality Specifications, and Standard
- Participate in identifying hiring needs; employee selection and
- Provide communication on departmental expectations, motivates
team members, and identifies opportunity for improvements.
- Provide team leadership consistent with company vision,
mission, CITE principles.
- Ensures Policies are followed and provides guidance and
- Effectively utilize all resources to maximum potential
performance to achieve SQDC goals.
- Establishes individual goals for team members in alignment with
overall organization goals and performs periodic performance
reviews to determine progress.
- Support and represent company as a union-free environment.
- Provide a safe and productive work environment, including
- Participate in the identification and implementation of
continuous improvement initiativesRole model CITE and Working in
- Perform other tasks as directed by direct supervisor. Required
- Undergraduate degree in Engineering or related discipline;
extensive work experience may be considered in lieu of
- Minimum of 8 years of manufacturing engineering experience;
- Minimum of 8 years of supervision experience; multiple
- Must have experience in material flows, continuous improvement
practices; and process analysis.
- Six Sigma training is a plus.
- Excellent personal computer skills in a network environment;
Microsoft products experience preferred -
- Auto-Cad light proficient.
- Track record of successful project management.
- Experience in working in a team environment.
- Management style must be consistent with CITE Principles.
- Strong planning/Organization & Time Management skills.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills.
Keywords: Provision People, Atlanta , Plant Engineering Manager, Executive , Jackson, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!