Center Manager- SJV, OT, PT
Company: Emory University Hospital
Posted on: August 7, 2022
At Emory Healthcare, we integrate science and caring to change
the face of health care. Our team members are courageous
individuals who are willing to challenge the status quo and help
find solutions to complex problems. Were empowered to influence
change for, and with, our patients, their families, the community
and each other. As one of the leading academic medical systems,
were eager to share what we learn with hospitals around the
country, and the world. Weve got the backing, knowledge, experience
and permission to lead the way in developing new and better
approaches to preventing and treating disease, and our patients get
treatments years before anyone else. Were defining a new standard
of care for humankind. Are YOU ready to join us?Description JOB
- Responsible for supervision of therapy centers (span of control
is between 1-3 centers).
- Ensures compliance to all policies and procedures. Responsible
for center financial statements including profit and loss
- Responsible for sales/marketing to existing and potential
center referral sources.
- Creates an environment that is consistent with the company's
values and objectives.
- Responsibilities of Patient Care/Caseload Management to include
the management of operations of therapy centers.
- Assures efficient caseload management and scheduling of
- Responsible for implementation of local market business plan
including company objectives and initiatives.
- Manages therapy center or centers, with the direct report of
center supervisors, if applicable.
- Assists, as part of the management team, in strategic
planning/implementation and in developing fiscal budgets for
- Develops strategic plan for center and participates in market
- Maintains center responsibility for ensuring center
profitability (meet/exceed net revenues and Profit before
- Justifies monthly Profit and Loss Statement negative variance
for areas of responsibility, including referrals, visits,
charge/visit, and expenses.
- Assists in the development of center specific marketing/sales
plans for traditional referrals.
- Responsible for achieving the plan and overseeing center staff
to ensure success.
- Ensures appropriate productivity and staffing levels, ensuring
quality of care through appropriate staffing levels.
- Identify open positions and hire clinical staff in conjunction
- Organizes daily work schedule to maintain optimal patient
- Conducts orientation of staff and training of staff to
implement NovaCare/Select Physical Therapy clinical programs and
- Conducts accurate and timely Performance Planning & Reviews
(PP&R) of center staff with specific focus on development
- Provide developmental opportunities for current staff,
including participation in local and regional professional meetings
and college relations activities, and patient care skills
development opportunities for clinical staff as appropriate to
ensure good quality of care.
- Recommend staff for recognition.
- Manages all employee relations issues and ensure compliance
with equitable application of Human Resource Policy and
- Seek assistance of Human Resources when needed.
- Monitor and accomplish area-specific retention objectives
- Ensures State, Federal and Customer regulations, policies,
procedures and patient care standards are met in assigned
- Conducts routine quality assurance and corporate compliance
audits in the assigned center.
- Audit compliance with health and safety policies and procedures
on an annual basis.
- Periodically (at least quarterly) review results of outcome
program measures and develop plans to improve patient care where
- Develop plans of action and ensure good outcomes of
deficiencies noted in routine and investigative compliance
- Ensures strong physician and payor relations and coordinate
implementation of clinical specialty programs as requested by the
- Subject to limitations imposed by state and/or local law.
- BA/BS Degree in Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, or
related field required.
- Physical Therapy or Occupational Therapy License required.
- BLS or CPR certification required.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification in accordance with the
American Heart Association is required. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- (Medium): 20-50 lbs; 0-33% of the work day (occasionally);
11-25 lbs, 34-66% of the workday (frequently); 01-10 lbs, 67-100%
of the workday (constantly); Lifting 50 lbs max; Carrying of
objects up to 25 lbs; Occasional to frequent standing & walking,
Occasional sitting, Close eye work (computers, typing, reading,
writing), Physical demands may vary depending on assigned work area
and work tasks. ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS:
- Factors affecting environment conditions may vary depending on
the assigned work area and tasks.
- Environmental exposures include, but are not limited to:
Blood-borne pathogen exposure Bio-hazardous waste
Chemicals/gases/fumes/vapors Communicable diseases Electrical
shock, Floor Surfaces, Hot/Cold Temperatures, Indoor/Outdoor
conditions, Latex, Lighting, Patient care/handling injuries,
Radiation, Shift work, Travel may be required. Use of personal
protective equipment, including respirators, environmental
conditions may vary depending on assigned work area and work
Keywords: Emory University Hospital, Atlanta , Center Manager- SJV, OT, PT, Executive , Atlanta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!