Project Manager - Transportation Engineering
Posted on: August 8, 2022
RK&K is hiring a Technical Design Project Manager with the
vision, experience and drive to assist leading our Highways
Department in Atlanta, GA. As a technical leader at RK&K, you
will partner with our firms experts and resources across the Nation
to lead technical design in a world class highway program in the
Atlanta Georgia area. With 98 years of experience, knowledge and
extremely loyal customers, RK&K is already off to a great start
in the area. To be successful, you should have state and municipal
experience, be highly proactive, able to develop creative and
lasting technical solutions. You should have a strong understanding
of roadway operations and hands-on experience with roadway design
and field operations. This position will include the oversight and
management support of a team of dynamic transportation designers.
- Lead and contribute design expertise on transportation planning
and design projects in a dynamic, fast-paced team-oriented
- Review and certify engineering documents to meet quality
control goals and standards of care
- Lead and mentor engineering and technician staff on
transportation planning and/or design task
- Manage prime and sub-contractor projects and teams
- Understand Highway Design Standards, and other highway design
manuals and guidelines
- Produce construction documents, specifications, and
construction cost estimates is a plus
- Facilitate internal and client meetings, presentations and
approval of plans
- Direct project staff and sub-consultants
- Actively contribute to the growth and overall success of the
Georgia operations by assisting with recruitment of staff and
business development activities including but not limited to:
Assist Marketing Department with proposal efforts, find and create
business opportunities with local prospective teammates for
subcontract opportunities, build relationships and network within
GDOT and other local State, county and municipal agencies.
- Understand AASHTO and FHWA Design Standards and other design
manuals and guidelines including GDOT Plan Development Process.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to
cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with
or without notice.About UsWith 30 offices from Pennsylvania to
Florida and ranked 61st ENR's 2021 listing of the Top 500 Design
Firms, our design and construction management firm specializes in
transportation, environmental and energy projects. Our success is
based on our ability to deliver what our clients want using sound,
technical solutions to achieve the best possible outcome on a
project. Expressed in our ability to treat every one of our 1,400
employees as a professional, RK&K has received extensive
recognition for its exceptional and unique workplace culture.
Required Education, Skills and Experience
- BS in Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited engineering
- Eight (8) years or more of experience in transportation/roadway
- Georgia Professional Engineering Registration (PE) or the
ability to obtain one within six (6) months.
- Expertise in Microstation/Geopak/InRoads/Open Roads and/or
AutoCAD/Civil 3D and proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
Preferred Education, Skills and Experience
- Georgia Department of Transportation or local county/city
- Alternative project delivery experience is a plus
- A Master's degree in engineering or related fields and PTOE
certification are desirable PI
Keywords: RK&K, Atlanta , Project Manager - Transportation Engineering, Executive , Atlanta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!