Director of Engineering - Fully Remote USA
Posted on: August 7, 2022
HireVue is the talent experience leader - accelerating the way
organizations discover, engage, assess, and hire the best talent.
Automating recruiter activities, HireVue connects companies and
candidates anytime, anywhere. HireVue's text-enabled end-to-end
talent experience platform includes video interviewing, assessments
and conversational AI. HireVue has hosted more than 30 million
video interviews and 200 million chat-based candidate engagements
for over 800 pioneering customers around the globe.
We are relentlessly focused on developing fair and objective hiring
solutions to help our customers and their candidates, and we
embrace this same focus of fair and objective hiring when we hire
for our own team, striving to build a diverse and inclusive culture
based on a foundation of respect and inclusion.
Our Engineering Leadership team is looking to add an additional
Director to our amazing team.
Amazing Salary + annual bonus + 401K + stock options + flexible
vacation + medical + dental/vision
If you're an engineering leader who believes in helping teams
deliver value to customers quickly and sustainably then keep
What You'll Be Doing
You'll be directing a group of teams, which may include Engineering
Managers who manage team(s), as well as individual software
engineers - all working on HireVue's core systems. Reporting to the
SVP, Engineering, you'll direct the work for the platform services
and UI services teams on our enterprise grade SaaS platforms. You
will also direct the work for other product facing teams, as
assigned. You'll coordinate the platform and UI services work with
our other Engineering Directors, who direct the product facing
deliveries, as well as the infrastructure teams. These
infrastructure and service teams ensure that the product facing
teams have the right infrastructure and platforms to build on.
You'll also coordinate work with our Product Leadership and
Engineering Leadership to make sure we deliver the customer value
needed. We encourage our teams to work independently, and we
support them in removing roadblocks as they deliver customer
As we continue to grow, you'll influence our Engineering vision by
providing input for how we align to company goals, how we organize,
and how we work. You'll lead the teams to follow this vision.
The ideal individual is an influential software engineering leader,
who will grow and build high-performance teams, to scale
engineering best practices to increase our business and engineering
agility, quality, and customer experience.
- Lead and coordinate the technical vision and direction for our
engineering platform and UI service teams.
- Encourage a highly communicative culture that ensures open,
transparent, and consistent exchange of key stakeholders.
- Partner with leaders in Product and Engineering to drive the
growth and evolution of the engineering, releasing, and monitoring
- With a keen eye on the customer value to be delivered, direct
the teams to follow software engineering best practices, including
agile discovery and planning, scoping, technical architecture
decisions and design, coding standards, code reviews, ensuring
backwards compatibility, ensuring scalability and performance,
ensuring security, test planning and execution, and build and
- Partner with Engineering Leaders to oversee the overall
development pipeline, with a focus on ensuring the pipeline flows
regularly, consistently, timely, efficiently, and with high
- Partner with Engineering Leaders to measure, monitor, and
report on quality, reliability, predictability, and security of our
- May directly manage and/or oversee the management of Vendor
Relationships for our Engineering tools.
- Ensure security and compliance are built-in and are not an
- Ensure 24x7x365 automated monitoring of environments and
services by working with development and operations teams.
- Participate in periodic on-call, support of after-hours
Our Current Tech Stack Is
Python, Django, Celery, Go, WebRTC; Frontend: React, HTML (JSX),
CSS (in JS), GraphQL; Storage: PostgreSQL, S3, Elasticsearch. Most
of our infrastructure is on AWS so it is a huge plus if you know
and love AWS.
We want to build great, industry impacting features and have fun
doing it. Our team members think the most important parts of our
- Teams work together to decide how to provide our customers the
- Virtual theme days, photo contests, happy hours and more.
- We encourage you to use that flexible time off policy! (just
don't let your team down!)
- Our most important "attrivute" is "Act like an Owner". Others
are "Keep it Simple", "Disagree and Commit", and "Think Big".
- We get excited about our hackweeks and try to have large team
or company events at least twice a year (or virtually when in a
We have Mountain Bikers, Road Bikers, Skiers / Boarders (dawn
patrol & resort), Runners, Video Game heroes, Movie Buffs,
Musicians, and many other varieties of people. We have Family
people, Single people, Happy people. We know you'll find a friend
- Fill out our very basic application form or reach out to us
(apply, email, shout, call)
- We send you a link to use our awesome software and tell us more
about yourself (includes a coding challenge and assessments)
- We invite you to do a Live interview using our software, so you
can meet the team. You'll learn more about us while we learn more
- Exceptional communication skills, written and verbal
- Strong analytical, organizational, and reasoning abilities
- Well-developed interpersonal skills
- Ability to lead, coach, and mentor diverse personalities
- Ability to assess current talent, as well as talent gaps, and
prioritize and enable professional development opportunities for
- Ability to influence direct reports, peers, and executive
- Experience in resolving conflict and identifying solutions
among parties with differing viewpoints (this includes both
internal stakeholder as well as customers)
- Ability to balance the teams' deliveries with stability,
scalability, quality, technical debt, as well as business needs and
- B.S. Computer Science (or related field) or equivalent
- 10+ years in a software engineering role
- 3+ years engineering management experience
- 3+ years enterprise software development
- 3+ years with a SaaS product offering
- 5+ years with lean, agile software delivery practices
- Deep technical understanding of UI technologies, patterns, and
- Experience working in highly regulated, security-focused
environments (familiar with setting up controls and processes
around SOC2, FedRamp, or similar frameworks)
Flexible Paid Time Off - Medical, Dental, Vision - 12 Weeks
Maternity & Adoption - 401K match
Click Here for US Benefits
HireVue is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all
aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other category
protected under the law. HireVue is an equal opportunity employer;
committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from
discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.All your information
will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
HireVue is unable to provide visa sponsorship for this position at
Here are some of the states where HireVue is currently hiring:
AL, AZ, CA, FL, GA, IA, ID, IL, IN, LA, MI, MN, MO, MS, MT, NC, NE,
NM, NV, NY, OH, OK, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, WA, WI.
Keywords: HireVue, Atlanta , Director of Engineering - Fully Remote USA, Executive , Atlanta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!