Endoscopy Operations Manager
Company: United Digestive
Posted on: June 25, 2022
DescriptionGENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: UD Endoscopy Operations
Manager facilitates smooth and efficient endoscopy center
operations as well as cross-collaboration within the endoscopy
centers leadership team and administrative team on items such as
bonus goals, incidents, PHI disclosures, etc. The Endoscopy
Operations Manager plays a critical role in training/education,
Medicare quality compliance, maintenance of accreditation,
credentialing, and promoting VIBE culture.REPORTS TO: Director of
EndoscopyResponsibilitiesDuties may include but are not limited
- Train new endoscopy managers and staff at their individual
centers whenever possible or coordinate with sister center for
training. Arrange for post-training check off with appropriate
- Serve as a resource nurse. Know all aspects of work in the
- Fill in as temporary endoscopy manager as needed.
- Serve as staffing coordinator among endoscopy centers. Shift
staff for optimal coverage as needed.
- Administer annual competencies to managers and staff.
- Regular visits to assigned centers to observe center flow as
well as manager and staff performance.
- Introduce new anesthesia hires to UD policies, procedures, and
- Conducting mock survey bi- annually in each assigned
- Participate in AAAASF/CMS reporting and communication.
- Complete yearly performance improvement and quality projects
that are center specific.
- Approve supply orders, and evaluating supplies ordered for
quality and cost effectiveness. interacting with representatives
regarding price discrepancies and backorders.
- Approve time in Paycom.
- Working with the endoscopy managers to set and maintain
endoscopy staff responsibilities and appropriate staffing
- Focusing on operational effectiveness by emphasizing efficient
processes, cost containment efforts and high-quality patient care.
Sharing best practices across assigned centers.
- Working closely with the Director of Endoscopy to share
accomplishments and challenges from the previous week and the
activities planned for the following week at each center.
- In conjunction with the Endo Credentialing Specialist, review
employee, anesthesia, and physician files. Ensure that on site
files are up to date.
- Ensuring that endoscopy managers conduct quarterly in-services
on important topics such as OSHA, infection control, and patient
- Ensure annual training for scopes, manual reprocessing, and
- Assisting with data collection and analysis for endoscopy
center studies including reporting on the number of cases and
number of incidents at each center.
- Additional duties as assigned by the Director of
Endoscopy.Required Education, Skills & ExperienceHigh school
diploma or GED required; Associate or Bachelors degree preferred;
GI experience and clinical certification strongly preferred; strong
management, interpersonal, organizational positive leadership, and
effective communication skills are needed to be successful in this
role; experience in project and budget management, operations
management, surgery center management, or similar background
preferred; flexibility and basic computer skills are
necessary.Endoscopy Operations Manager Must Be Able ToADDITIONAL
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Provide a high level of customer service at all times
- Plan, prioritize, and complete multiple tasks as delegated
- Work under pressure; assess, respond to, and communicate issues
in a timely manner
- Maintain composure and set a professional example for
- Communicate clearly with clients and coworkers through the
telephone, email, and in-person
- Build positive working relationships with administrative team,
nurse managers, charges nurses, staff, and physicians
- Interpret and apply appropriate policies and procedures
- Be reliable, punctual, and able to work independently or with
- Maintain the strictest
confidentialityPHYSICAL/MENTAL/ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDSAbility to work
under stress. Moderate periods of sitting and computer use. Good
visual acuity. Ability to stoop, kneel, crouch and/or crawl.
Ability to reach, grasp, use fine finger movement and feel
sensation to discern temperature, texture, size, and shape.
Requires standing and walking for extensive periods of time,
lifting, and carrying of items weighing up to 25 pounds. Travel
required as business needs dictate.
Keywords: United Digestive, Atlanta , Endoscopy Operations Manager, Executive , Atlanta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!