Safety Manager - 7:30 am-4:00 pm
Company: Emory Healthcare
Posted on: May 16, 2022
- Coordinates safety, accident prevention, emergency response,
fire safety, and hazard communication programs.
- Provides procedural training to security personnel and members
of the emergency response team.
- Trains and coordinates activities of departmental safety
- Establishes and maintains cost-effective safety programs to
meet changing needs.
- Reviews and analyzes safety procedures to maintain compliance
with applicable laws, ordinances, regulations, and JCAHO
- Monitors the performance and effectiveness of emergency
response team and departmental safety representatives; provides
feedback on an ongoing basis and takes corrective action as
necessary to maintain an effective state of readiness.
- Researches and remains abreast of available safety equipment
and technology and makes recommendations regarding procurement and
use to maintain a technological leading edge.
- Works with manager to formulate plan for professional
- Attends educational in-services as appropriate.
- Participates in professional activities and organizations to
maintain knowledge of current trends, practices, and
- Maintains current records and files on safety and hazard
communications in accordance with federal, state and local
- Presents monthly reports on fire drills, accidents, and
- Develops and implements effective safety and accident
prevention programs for employees to ensure a safe work
- Coordinates fire protection program; maintains a master fire
plan to comply with NFPA Life Safety Code.
- Coordinates life safety alarm systems and procedures with fire
department to ensure emergency preparedness.
- Coordinates emergency preparedness programs and emergency plans
to meet JCAHO requirements; conducts periodic and routine disaster
exercises to test effectiveness.
- Develops and implements hazard communication program.
- Conducts safety training programs and workshops on an ongoing
basis; provides continuous instruction in the maintenance of a safe
- Actively Serves as a member of the safety committee;
participates in decision-making.Performs other related duties as
- A bachelor's degree in public health, safety, or a related
- Five years of safety-related training experience of which one
is in a health care environment or a Master's degree and 3 years of
- An Advanced Safety Certificate from the National Safety Council
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS (MediumMax 25lbs): up to 25 lbs, 0-33% of the
work day (occasionally); 11-25 lbs, 34-66% of the workday
(frequently); 01-10 lbs, 67-100% of the workday (constantly);
Lifting 25 lbs max; Carrying of objects up to 25 lbs; Occasional to
frequent standing & walking, Occasional sitting, Close eye work
(computers, typing, reading, writing), Physical demands may vary
depending on assigned work area and work tasks. ENVIRONMENTAL
FACTORS: Factors affecting environment conditions may vary
depending on the assigned work area and tasks. Environmental
exposures include, but are not limited to: Blood-borne pathogen
exposure Bio-hazardous waste Chemicals/gases/fumes/vapors
Communicable diseases Electrical shock , Floor Surfaces, Hot/Cold
Temperatures, Indoor/Outdoor conditions, Latex, Lighting, Patient
care/handling injuries, Radiation, Shift work, Travel may be
required. Use of personal protective equipment, including
respirators, environmental conditions may vary depending on
assigned work area and work tasks.
Keywords: Emory Healthcare, Atlanta , Safety Manager - 7:30 am-4:00 pm, Executive , Atlanta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!